HammerHawk W.I.P.

News, help, knowledge share. If you are developer or you want to be one, this is your place.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member

Re: HammerHawk W.I.P.

Post by mel wilson » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:18 am

rd wrote:I can work with the layers just fine. It's how you laid them out that kills me sometimes. :twisted:

And yeah, painting in layers is fun.... NOT. But, it is. I've got like 6 psd layers for weathering for just the F-14 Tomcat. This is AFTER, I meshed them into easier ones to work with visibly. Great times, long hours, hair missing. You know what I mean. :roll: :D

RD
Gandalf ..... Have you combed your beard this morning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

johnman
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by johnman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:27 am

Hey Hark,

At least You got hair to miss !!

Johnman

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 am

Well, yeah, I guess it is good to have hair. I did learn to keep it short so I don't pull it all out when gmax decides to FUBAR hours of work at a whim. I've found the worst is when you carefully and diligently save hours of work, then gmax decides it isn't going to open the scene next time you want to. I doubt there is a more infuriating little 'info window' than the one where gmax states that " Ummm, NO!", when you want to continue something inspired. I may have actually had more deep sighs in my life due to gmax woes than from women or kids. Okay, that's not true. #-o :lol:

RD - you should see me at work, my work flow would resemble maybe, I dunno - definitely someone with ADHD (Attention Deficit, High Definition.) :lol: .

johnman

Post by johnman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Hey Hark,

Maybe try a tidbit of FYI - Its called Glary Utilities ( google it ) - its a registry cleaner - It is MAGIC !! - I run it at least ounce a week - and if Gmax is giving you fits - its probably because its writing rubish to your registry. Also When You run a Restore - it does not destroy or remove any saved files - It just puts you back in better place in the same time zone ! Remember this when You hit Hyper Warp in the Hammer Hawk !

Also Check Your drives Fragmentation occationally - What We do being processor intensive - tends to build the dust bunnnies up in a Hard Drave - and even though it says that its not necessary - 1% of a 1tb drive is a whole lot of X and O's

I'm sure You have a handle on the housekeeping situation - just thought I'd mention it - maybe help speed the release of HAMMER HAWK Defender of the the FREE and RITCHOUS - Defending the Sky's over the Mother Land !!

The work flow Thing is a fairly common problem - at least as far as I'm concerned !!

The best of luck in the winds of the gathering storm !

Johnman

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions Johnman, I'm not bad about defragmenting, but I'm sure I could use a registry clean. If I don't buy a new PC soon, I may just reformat this one and keep it for simming and developing & use my second, lesser PC just for internet and playing music. Keep all that internet crap out of the sim PC altogether.

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:37 am

Hark old buddy, I use the pay version of Advance System Care, but there is also a freeware version and it will take care of your registry defrag, I can personally recomend this one, been using it for around four years now.

http://www.iobit.com/download.html

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

johnman

Post by johnman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey Hark ,

I like Your idea about using one computer for simming and one for developing ! - However - unless You want to reinstall your operating system - why would you want to reformat Your drive ?? - a very destructive process - full of Boogy Men - and rarly turns out the way you want it !! - if what you have is doing what you want it to - get another ride and set it up for the internet - and keep what you have safe for the future of Hark Aerospace - and the development of Futuristic flight Simms and the protection of the Universe . I mean dont you have enough to tear your hair out about ?? - plus it would shut down Hark Aerospace for an indefinate period of time !! :={{

Food for thought - is the computer you have now - suitable for a dual boot system - minumum dual core system with an enormous SATA hard drive - and a mountain of on board RAM - and a RED HOT video card ?? Now I'm making myself drool !!

Gmax Rules !!

Johnman

johnman

Post by johnman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:43 am

Hey Hark,

My Animaion, Heirchy, Piviot Point, Rotate, Boogieman made a return visit !! Flippin parts all over the place - Wouldn"t let me set my pivot points - Squashed my prop spinner and mangled my prop blades in the sim - AAAARRRRRR :-{{{{ - Got really Whacked Out !! - Just prior to self mutilation - as a panick effort - I cleaned the registry !! Magic problem solved - Sort of like cleaning a toilet - Got rid of all of it !! Transform reset sure didnt help.

I guess its a combination of skill and luck - sometime mostly Luck ??

Johnman

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Funny, pivot points never gave me too much grief. Well, it's always fun when your prop or jet spinner rotates really stupidly once it's in the simulator. Then I have to use my brain. Which often hurts. :lol: #-o

johnman

Post by johnman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey Hark,

Searching the world over for signs that the heart of HammeHawk beats strong and true ??

Johnman

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

It's out. Uploaded to SurClaro & Simviation hours ago, along with two other surprise uploads. (Oh gawd I hope everything works, it was all meticulously tested on two PC's. :?)
The Hammerhawk is already up at Simviation. The easiest way to find it is just type my name 'Glenn Crowell', into Simviation's download pages' search bar.

It's meant for FS9, but it'll go into FSX okay I think, just no glowing nacelle spinners, as materials act differently in FSX.

Have fun, & please let me know if anything doesn't work. (yikes 8O ) Give it a run in both FS9 & FSX if you can, & report in. Are the spinners lovely sci-fi blue in FS9 and just black in FSX?

...etc, etc. Thanks for any feedback.

Any donations should be directed to the 'Jack Daniel's as an ice cream flavour' fund.

I've got to get the Royal Canadian Navy's giant, double-decked super air-carrier out next, so watch for an entry in the scenery pages of SurClaro & Simviation for that one later today.

...more stuff too, just getting sorta organized & motivated to kick some of this stuff out the door. WOOHOO!

gbesoain
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by gbesoain » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi There,

The HammerHawk and the surprise are both published already, check the new addons page.

Thanks for sharing!!! =D>

Regards.,
G

gbesoain

Post by gbesoain » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Hark,

You forgot to put a .diz or .txt and some JPG screenshots inside the "harkspin.zip" is possible you add it and re-upload?

You can re-upload using a new filename.

Regards.,
G

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Thank you for hosting my stuff 'G' :D . I'll double check my file and re-upload.

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 pm

I repackaged & re-uploaded a new ZIP, thanks G. Mr. Meticulous here got used to uploading separate description text & thumbs to Simviation, where here at SurClaro, it all needs to be in the .ZIP. #-o :mrgreen: =D> Hope I got everything right this time, thanks again. =D> #-o

rd

Post by rd » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:22 am

LMFAOROTF.... Omaha, huh???? You're killing me. Nice touch!!!! I was actually LMAO when I saw it in the drop down for the second version. VERY nice surprise. Thank You. :)

Spent about 15 minutes flying it. And having a BLAST!!!! Not sure if you're still using my VTOL work or not, but *beep*, this thing was very predictable, stable (maybe a tad too much sway), but overall, very easy to fly. (but then again, I VTOL like nobody else). Well done Harky, I likey. A very well deserved pat on the back for flying dynamics, and animation. Loved the wheels being pulled up, and then deployed. Very nice, and very smooth. The wheels looked great with it.

Now, to fly the Hammer Hawk..... stay tuned. (checked the psd files.... This is going to be fun...lol... )

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

rd

Post by rd » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:41 am

Dang, nice job. This one flys as well as the cop car, actually better. Only issue I have, is I started it without your gauge for the AB's, and they stayed on. Installed your gauge, and the AB's still stayed on. Modified the panel with MY AB gauge, and it worked fine. Not sure if this is just my issue or not, but I figured I should let you know.

And by the way, thanks for the credits on both. Mucho appreciated. :)

RD
RD

johnman

Post by johnman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:49 am

Hey Hark,

MAGNIFICENT !!! :=))) Neatest airplane I ever crashed !!

Now - let me be the first to ask a Stupid Question - " Sporting three twin sets of energy weapons " - How do You make them go BANG - OR BOOM - OR ZAP - or what ever ??? I've just noticed that the trigger button on My joystick applys the brakes

NOOOOoooo !! It has to go bang - SOME HOW - !!!! :={{{{

Help Hark !!!

Johnman

rd

Post by rd » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:52 am

Dang your goofy on textures. :D :twisted: But then, I already knew that.

Working on the "Omaha" police paint texture, to be uploaded as a "texture" only, per your instructions. May take a week to do, to make it accurate.

RD

EDIT: Finished with the new "paint" job. hehe
Attachments
OMAHA PD.jpg
OPD.jpg
RD

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Right on, lookin' good RD. I was thinking of doing up an Ontario Provincial Police version myself. :mrgreen: Uh, on the HH flight dynamics, & the copcar too - should have credited you with that original .CFG file you gave me years ago, that still serves as THE VTOL file, in one variation or another. None of them vary all that far from the original 'Maelstrom' file we got going so fast with two engines, in fact, if you open the .AIR file, you'll see that it probably still reads 'copyright RD', lol. I always forget something when release time comes, no matter how many times I go over the README's and make changes. Glad you likes these, they were a ton '0' fun to make.
I'm trying to cobble together enough footage for a video or two with the new releases, and also looking at adding some runway lighting to the latest Air-Carrier & kicking it out the door. I've got two of them stationed over New York and it looks pretty darn cool. So many more projects on the go, there's a few more far-out creations to come.

Hey Johnman, glad you had some fun with 'er. :D You don't get weapons to fire unless you add a weapons pack of effects via the [SMOKESYSTEM] in the .CFG file, more XYZ paradise. :D

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:08 am

Oh, hey RD - on the afterburners staying on; Dang! I should have talked to you before releasing it. If you cycle your views through once, the A/B's will behave properly, but yeah, it would have been nice to have that working your way. #-o Afterthoughts; the bane of any developer releasing add-ons to the public!

rd

Post by rd » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I always read the readme, and you mentioned it. Didn't matter, still did it. It may have been a conflict with the AB .xml that I made myself. Either way, all is good now. :)

RD
RD

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 am

johnman

Post by johnman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey Hark,

Went to YouTube and watched Your video - I Repeat - MAGNIFICENT !!! :=)))) !! - You have to admitt that - HammerHawk - ABSOLUTLY - SCREAMS - GET ME A WEAPONS PACK - i NEED TO BLOW SOMETHING UP !!!!

I did notice that I didn't see HammerHawk Landing ?? Is it still up there - stuck - on endless refueling ?? - You didn't crash it did you ??

Hey the fun makes it worth it !!!

Johnman

rd

Post by rd » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Excellent vid there Harky. =D> =D> =D> :D =D> =D> =D>

Those burners are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

I might have to create a weapon pack for this thing. :twisted: 8) 8) :twisted: :mrgreen:

RD
RD

johnman

Post by johnman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:06 am

Hey RD,

YEEEESS !!

Johnman

rd

Post by rd » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Started on a weapons pack for the Hawk. Almost done with the first one. :D 8) 8O :twisted: :mrgreen:

RD
RD

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Holy crap. Nice, RD -that would be a treat. As you can tell, Johnman's going to have an aneurism if he can't get something flashy out of all those nifty guns, lol. This will definitely be a cool surprise when you're done. And yeah, those afterburners look friggin' perfect the way they light, and the way they come out of the exhaust. I've had those burners on the flying Batmobile, on the Blackshark, and on that shuttle, but they were most awesome when I put 'em on the Hammerhawk. I positioned them, then moved them forward once, fired up FS and my jaw dropped 8O ... they were made for the HH and I've had that effect for years bud. :mrgreen:
Glad you liked the video, boy it was fun to make. @ Johnman - I flew for another 5 minutes, showing off and getting great footage, then probably just exited out of the sim to go see what I had captured. I could put the HH down in your backyard, even if it was tiny with high fences. :wink: If you had your headphones on you wouldn't even know I was there until you walked out, barbeque tools in hand and *Wham* - Hammerhawk's snubnose with 6 guns staring at you. 8O :lol: 8) All effectless... :cry: Well, until RD brings on the ballistics. :twisted:

johnman

Post by johnman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey Hark,

Do You remember a couple of posts ago I was whinnin about my My Animaion, Heirchy, Pivot Point, Rotate, Boogieman - This is what I found on the end of the runnway the other day !!

I'm going to have to go in and Un link - un animate - Reset all pivot points and reset transform all parts in the model - and not necessarrilly in that order !!

Don't YOu just love it when some days You just have more fun than others !!

Johnman
Attachments
SuperCubJumk2a.jpg
SuperCubJumk1a.jpg

rd

Post by rd » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:31 pm

^^^^^ LMAO..... You stole my work... didn't you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weapons pack 1 is done. Making a vid of it now. Only using the 2 outer guns for this one. You'll see why, when you see it. If need be, I can add them to the other 4. But man, it is going to be messy down there. :lol: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Whatever time it is now 1530 CDT, give me a couple hours for a complete video and be uploaded. :P

RD

A couple teaser shots. :twisted: :twisted:

EDIT: Vid of effect: http://youtu.be/A-E7zCJY8Ag
Attachments
HAMMERHAWK.1.HELLFIRE.jpg
HAMMERHAWK.2.HELLFIRE.jpg
RD