HammerHawk W.I.P.

News, help, knowledge share. If you are developer or you want to be one, this is your place.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

harkgoddammit
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Re: HammerHawk W.I.P.

Post by harkgoddammit » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Oh, I like that. :twisted:

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Video is good to go. http://youtu.be/A-E7zCJY8Ag

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

rd

Post by rd » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Mel, Hark, and johnman. You have PM's, and hopefully an email from Yousendit. :twisted: :mrgreen:

If all works well, I'll release it. :^o :^o

NOTICE: Keep your speed under 500, and altitude under 10,000. This is what I used to make it work. You may try faster and higher, as I did not during testing. I also forgot to put that in the "Readme". Sorry. :oops:

RD
RD

johnman

Post by johnman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:12 am

Hey RD,

Report on th weapons pack - Download and install OK - Im getting muzzle flashes and smoke OK - but I am not getting any sound ?? - Im getting the sounds of the flight - but I son't seem to be getting sounds from the guns - can I some how have that sound turned off ??

You have my eyeballs - big and round - now BLOW MY EARS OFF !!

Bye the way - nice video !!

rd

Post by rd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Dang it.... :oops: :oops:

Sorry about that. I'm used to people having certain files. I've sent another download for all of you with another folder for sounds. You can't miss it. Just open it, and read the readme carefully. You will need to make an entry inside your FS9.cfg for it to work.

Any questions or issues, let me know.

RD
RD

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi RD, got the updated version, about to install FS9, the Hawk and have some fun.... Thanks guys and bloody good work.

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

rd

Post by rd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:19 am

Won't speak for Hark, but I had fun with this. Still working on another weapons package. Having issues with placement of the effects on the Hammerhawk. :evil:

RD
RD

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Awesome, love it - gotta stop blowing the crap out of everything. Aww, no I don't. :twisted: :twisted:
Do I smell a target shooting contest?
P.S. The rumble as the buildings tumble is my favourite part. Okay, the buildings don't actually tumble, but it sure sounds like they're comin' down. :twisted: :twisted: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

johnman

Post by johnman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Hey RD,

Back again to *beep* – got your sound upgrade and installed it – actually I have installed and uninstalled it several times – just to make sure I didn’t miss something .- even made sure to re boot the computer – an old habbit .

There are two things that I can see – First – start up fs9 – select the Hawk – aircraft is sitting on the end of the runway – an enormous Ball of fire blossoms and envelops the end of the runway . However – being the sturdy build she – we take off – pull up the gear and flaps – level out to test the guns – They fire – we get muzzle flashes and tracers – and in the distance we see fire balls – as are shooting takes effect ! – still no sound :=(((

I had to go to C:\ .........\docs and sets\Me\appdata\microsoft\fs9 - to get the fs9.cfg file - it was not in the C:\Progs\msgames\folder ?

I tried to send these *.cfg files as an attachment - I guess only pictures ?

Johnman

I edited out the .cfg entries to clean up the looooooooooooong post. The entry is correct, but in the wrong FS9.cfg file. Read the post below. RD

rd

Post by rd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 pm

You and Hark both have the same problem.... Harks afterburner gauge. :D :D It is calling up "smoke" on startup, therefore setting off one shot. I had an issue with no throttle controlled afterburners when I got the Hammer (even after changing views several times). I edited gauge34 in the panel folder to my own custom burners that I made for the MilViz payware F15E. This does not call up any smoke, and therefore I don't have the same issue.

If you guys would like, I can send my "Burners" control gauge to you all, with a readme on how to install and modify the panel.cfg.

Mel, you're going to have the same problem as well, when you reload yours. So don't be surprised if the above happens to you as well. You'll be included in the new "Burners" control when I send it out.

Also Johnman, your FS9.cfg is inside your "AppData" not docs and settings. What Operating system are you using.... XP, VISTA, W7????

RD
RD

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Ok, I'll get everything installed and setup, then see how things pan out.

Mel.

johnman

Post by johnman » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:30 am

Hey Hark and RD,

BAZZINGA !! - I moved my fs9.cfg file from C:\docsandsets\Me\appdata\microsoft\fs9 -to c:\progs\msgames\fs9 - now I get the sound - My eyes get BIG - and I blow my ears TOTALLY OFF - the Wife screaming in the background somewhere - WILL YOU TURN THAT THIING DOWN - HeHeHe - I would say Dam Thing - but i'd probably get a beep ! - Is this where this fs9.cfg file belongs - or did I just get lucky - again ??

I'm running XP sp3 - as far as I can see - the appdata file is under \ docs and settings \ - but fs9.cfg aintderenomo ! - My fs9 must have been booting with out reading the cfg file ??? I did a complete c:\ drive search just to confirm that this was the only fs9.cfg file and exactly where it was. - Some times I confuse Myself !!

Also - I edited out gauge 34 - in the Panel file and it eliminated the fire ball at the end of the runway - but I'm not getting the ground effect as the rounds hit . - I guess I/ll have to wait for the update to fix that . :=)))

I really think the Weapons Pack makes HammerHawk an ULTRA EXCEPTIONAL Flying Macine and is The Pride of the Fleet as far as I'm concerned. Is anybody around old enough to remember HAWKAAAA ??? One step short of an annurism Hark !!

Now I'm excited

Johnman

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 am

Hi johnman

I very much doubt by moving the cfg file solved the problem, more like by moving it, it forced fs9 to re-write a new file in exactly the same place where you moved it from, which leads me to believe that if it's all working now, then there was an issue with the old file, go have a look and see if you now have two files, one in each location, if so, then you can delete the one you moved.

Hope you followed all that....

Mel.

johnman

Post by johnman » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey Mel,

LIfe is full of surprises ! - there is a file named fs9.cfg.txt in the docsandsettings\appdata\msoft\fs9 folder - I assume that this file is a backbackup for the origional. - and I would agree with you that moving the file would have absolutely not made a difference ?? - and yes I have my reveal hidden files and folders button pushed - a complete scan of my c:\ drive shows 2 fs9.cfg files - one in the recycle bin - where I put it - and one in c:\progs\msgames\fs9 ??? where I put it ???

What I like about this is it is working !! and I have been taught by a reliable source that if it works - work it!! which is where I'm at right now !!

I swear that these computers have a mind of their own - which defies the rules of logic - and programming skill - and there is a boogieman in every file folder.

Well thats all the confussion I hve for now - I'm going to sit back - relax - and enjoy the HammerHawk - think I'll go blow sonthing up !!

Johnman

rd

Post by rd » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Your FS9.cfg should be in "C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9". It is a hidden folder, so you need to make sure in the folder options, that "hidden Files and Folders" are visible(checked box).

Question.... Are you seeing the flaming balls of fire on the ground, or not??? Not sure if I read your post right or not.

RD
RD

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 pm

rd wrote:
Question.... Are you seeing the flaming balls of fire on the ground, or not??? Not sure if I read your post right or not.

RD
Flaming Balls OMG 8O There has to be a first for everything ... are these fired from the hip ?

Mel.

rd

Post by rd » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:12 pm

mel wilson wrote:
rd wrote:

RD
Flaming Balls OMG 8O There has to be a first for everything ... are these fired from the hip ?

Mel.

LMAO.....

Now behave.... or ELSE!!!! :)

RD
RD

rd

Post by rd » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:59 am

Hark and Johnman.... you need to let me know if you guys want my "Burners" controller so you don't have the "auto shoot" on start up.

RD
RD

johnman

Post by johnman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 am

Hey Hark, Mel, and RD

I do believe I have it all straightened out – sort of like a bad quest –

1. Took the modified fs9.cfg file out of the msgames folder and stuck it in the fs9 folder under docs and settings overwriting The original file
2. fired up the simulator – and the sound didn’t work
3. opened up the fs9.cfg file in fs9 under docs and settings – and it was still the modified file.
4. Copied that file out of docs and settings and pasted it into the fs9 folder under Program files\msgames.
5. this leaves a copy of the file in both locations.
6. fired up the simulator – and the sound worked ??
7. renamed the fs9.cfg file in Program files\msgames folder to fs9.xxx
8. fired up the simulator – and everything is now working – sound – muzzle flashes – and great flaming balls of Fire on the ground. ( From the Hip ) - The start up fire ball on the end of the runway still happens.
9. Note – I placed the [ old modules ] entry just after the [sound] section – and just before the [display] section

I think that this means that everything is working – except the fire ball thing - and all the files are in the right place :=))

RD about the burners controller – yes – Don’t need the fire ball at startup.

Maybe now I can concentrate on BoogieMen :=(((

Johnman

rd

Post by rd » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:07 am

Good stuff and info Johnman. I'll shoot you the files needed to get rid of the fire ball at start up tomorrow.

Not sure what is going on with your setup, but hey, if it works... don't break it. :twisted: :twisted: lol

RD
RD

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 am

Hi RD :mrgreen: . Yeah, please send me that folder, replacing runways across the globe is cutting into the Hark Aerospace summer BBQ & Bikini Contest fund. 8O
Thanks. :)

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 am

I downloaded & installed Tim 'Piglet' Conrad's Imperial Star Destroyer again so I could blow the crap out of it. :twisted:

rd

Post by rd » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:07 am

You all should have the new "Burners" gauge from yousendit.

Let me know how well it works for you, or not. :oops:

If anything, a learning curve for some, and me as well. You never know how it works out, until somebody else plays with it. 8)

RD
RD

rd

Post by rd » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:37 pm

C'mon guys, your killing me here. 8) :twisted:

RD
RD

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorry bud. Installed the folder and changed the gauge entry and it seems to have eliminated the premature load shot. :twisted: Thought I saw one shot go off during my flight that wasn't shot by me, though. Just the once - still flying & testing. Does this gauge address the afterburners appearing upon loading of the aircraft, when they should be off at zero throttle? Mine still do it, until I cycle through the views, then they do behave perfectly.
As far as the effect itself goes - it's brilliant, I love it, from the delivery, to the flashy explosions & the thunderous roar of destruction!
Still testing this stuff as I work on a scenery project, will keep ya updated. :mrgreen: (Thank you) :D

johnman

Post by johnman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:02 am

Hey RD and Hark,

Sorry I didn't get right back to You - But I have the gauge update installed and gave it a test drive - So far every thing seems to be OK - No fire ball at start up - muzzle flashes - tracers - sound - explosions - and great balls of fire on the ground - fired from the hip !!!! :=)))) - All A-OK .

How ever it has learned a new trick - which is interesting ?? When I'm sitting on the end of the runway - flaps 40 deg - gear down - throttle closed - I can fire the guns - and then - I get a big explosion on the end of the runway ?? Actually I think it is pretty neat - Is it supposed to do that - Huuuummmm ???.

I've had a great weekend so far - good test drive - but its time to Hangar the Hawk - and head for bed - nite nites

Johnman

rd

Post by rd » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Everything associated with the a/c affects the effect. If you're on the ground and not moving, or even if you are moving, the effect will shoot, and with the drag and drop of the weapon, it goes boom right in front of you. The higher you go, the steeper the angle downward to hit targets on the ground. If you're in level flight, at say 50,000', you may not get anything at all. Speed also affects it. If you're too fast and low, there is very little delay in the "balls of fire". Nothing is perfect for effects, except my afterburners. hehe :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol: 8)

The more you play with it, the more you'll learn the nuances. As well, how to hit a target 5 miles away.

RD
RD

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Had some fun trying to aim the firepower effectively. I find that I have to see where the shots are landing and then quickly make adjustments, it's fun. I can line up with a city street and just tear the CRAP out of it. - The Iraq highway of death right on main street, woahh!
BTW, you must have had fun placing those effects in just the right spot for the wing guns. I say that because the last time I played with XYZ placement through the [SMOKESYSTEM] I had a lot of grief.

rd

Post by rd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 am

Actually, the placement was very easy and fast. What took the most time was getting the effects to do what I wanted them to do. Had to break down each of them one by one, until I was happy with the results. That culminated into the specs of the readme for speed and altitude. Anything outside that, wasn't a given, just a wing and a prayer. :D

RD

Note: The second one is giving me fits on placement. Got 2 of the positions, but the next 2, is killing me. Haven't even tried the third pair of guns. :cry:
RD

johnman

Post by johnman » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:53 am

Hey Guys,

I have heard a rhumor – from a usually reliable source – It says that Hark AeroSpace is about to do a New Release ??

Their latest release – Was a Phenomenal success – and now guards the skies over Canada – The USA – and the rest of the Universe – Against the forces of Evil and Darkness !! HAMMER HAWK !! – Justice and Freedom for ALL !!

If anybody has any information about this Greedily anticipated event – PLEASE pass the information on. !!

Excuse me – I have to leave now – I have the North East Ohio evening Patrol tonight ( HH ) – Hawkaaaah !!

NEED MORE GUN’s !!!! := ))]])

Johnman