How to design airports??

News, help, knowledge share. If you are developer or you want to be one, this is your place.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

nrkazmi
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

How to design airports??

Post by nrkazmi » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:49 am

I want to develop the airport of my native city, because the one given both in FS 2002 and FS 2004 are not what actually the airport of my home city is. What is the best software in which one can develop airports easily to be included in FS 2002 or FS 2004.

Maxell
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Maxell » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:25 pm

The best program is called AFCAD, you can google for AFCAD for FS2004 and you will find it, it is freeware... :P

Have a nice day,
Maxell

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:06 pm

Max is right for FS2004. For FS2002 AFCAD doesn't allow editing of buildings, runways or objects like it does for the 2004 edition. You need to get Airport for Windows, or ASD (Airport and Scenery Designer) by Abacus but it's $$ not free. Go with FS2004, much easier...

Exxman

nrkazmi
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by nrkazmi » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:55 pm

I have downloaded Airport for Windows as well as Airport and Scenery Designer but I am still wondering which among all these is the MOST EASY, drag and drop sort of thing which can do lots of things automatically.

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:16 pm

Your question seems kind of vague there bud. Some programs are easier for others and some aren't?! Depends on what you like so just give them a try and away you go. I haven't heard of a 'drag and drop' airport design program as of yet but maybe someone here has? Airports are too complex to just drag and drop stuff wherever you want don't ya think? Kind of like putting in parts into a car that fit, but won't work effectively...

Exxman

Pilotwannabe

Post by Pilotwannabe » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:24 pm

i found airport to be somewhat of a drag and drop program... (but as already mentioned, its different for everyone) never tried afcad for 2004 though.

Maxell

Post by Maxell » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:24 pm

Well I can say that AFCAD is designed to have as much options as any other CAD based program, but the user interface for dummies, simple drag and drop, and double click...nothing else. Easy editing, runway lights, taxiways and the taxiway lights and lines with a simple mousedrag, and much more.

Hope this helps a bit!
Maxell