Multi monitors

Comment, recommend, complain anything for 3D Video Cards.

Moderators: mel wilson, rd, Cat1, ricktobin, Insured Disaster, gbesoain

himmelhorse
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Multi monitors

Post by himmelhorse » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:00 am

Very new to this site and have many many questions but will restrict my first effort to Multi Monitors.

I am currently running 6 monitors using 2 x nvidia 9800gt and 1 x ATI 4870 graphics cards on a motherboard(asus) with 3 PCIe slots. I am using it for FS2004 and FSX although the FSX is used rarely.

I would very much like to upgrade to 8 or 9 monitors using Matrox triplehead2go hardware. This equipment specifies resolution settings of 1280 x 1024 normal and 1680 x 1024 for widescreen applications. I am currently running all 19inch monitors at 1440 x 900.

My question?? how and where do I get widescreen for 2004 and or any other information that can help.

Other info:

Motherboard - P7P55D
CPU 2.6ghz
750W PSU
4gb DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD (Samsung)and 1TB external hdd (lACIE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I forgot to let you know who I am. (Shows you just how virginal I really am.) and to thank any and all who reply.... I really am not impolite as all that. I simply got carried away when I saw the submit sign.

Anyway I am Tony and Thanks again

Updated ... Mel.

Moved to Video Cards from the Repainting forum...RD

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

it's . . .

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun May 02, 2010 3:10 am

It's not that you would get "widescreen" for fs2004, but rather that you would get your multiple monitor software set up and then resize fs2004's display to cover more than one monitor or set up the different views on their respective monitor positions . . . i.e. right view on right monitor, front view on front monitor and so on. For full functionality you should have the latest FSUIPC module. It does not have to be registered to allow third party program functionality, but registration does give you killer control over winds and controller inputs.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

himmelhorse
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Multi monitors.

Post by himmelhorse » Sun May 02, 2010 5:00 am

Ok and thanks for your reply..

I have since worked out that Widescreen (which appears to be very effective) is aimed at networked systems anyway so I dont thin k it would be of much help to me.

My problem is that am living in Java Indonesisia (Australian) and "computer Technicians" are as thin on the ground as waterproof roofs(similar to Hens Teeth) here.

I also have never flown except commercially as a passenger and my computer skills leave a lot to be desired. I have literally taught myswelf to fly and procedures etcare a work in progress. I do however, have the BUG in a big way and probably way beyond my capabilities.

Having got that out of the way, my next question is much the same

As far as can see the only way to align all my screens to cover wingtip to wingtip is through "new view, virtual cockpit, undock and move to the desired screen) The problem with this system is that it takes a considerable amount of time to align the horizontal and then the vertical aspects of each screen. Mind you, I think that the work is probably worth the effort. I also feel that there has to be a better way given that I originally just wanted cockpit, look forward left, look left on my left screens and look forward right, look right views on my right with the sixth screen taken up with instruments (GPS, ATC, Radio and throttle controls etc)

Can you or anyone else help me there???

Thanks Tony

Haun
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Haun » Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 pm

that sounds like a vertical sync problem. Vertical sync is what keeps the images from 'tearing'.

Go into your video card control panel look around and see if there is a setting for vertical sync (or vsync) and see if it is on (or force on). if it is not, put it on.

Bigggan
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Bigggan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:59 pm

I dont know if this would help you, but take a look at ATI eyefinity