ATI R600

Comment, recommend, complain anything for 3D Video Cards.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, ricktobin, Insured Disaster, gbesoain, Cat1

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

ATI R600

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:12 pm

Hello.

I'm getting a bit worried about the ATI R600XTX 1GB DDR4. The thing is.. Why is there absolutely NO information about it on the AMD-ATI website??? And WHY are there no traces of it in the market yet? (It's release date was supposed to be mid-March). Its mid-April!!! And WHERE is it right now in terms of production???

Thank you so much for those of you who could provide me with actual helpful information! :D Rather than a lot of you who come to my questions and say "search for yourself" who imply to me that I should have known this information decades ago as if information comes out of the sky.. :roll:

Captain El :)

P.S. Please, if you don't have anything helpful to say, then don't. I get thrown off the boat when someone tells me to "go search for it" or "search for it yourself". And it is because I have gone in weeks of research that i get thrown off by this... unwelcomed... uncivil remark, that, I'm VERY surprised by, even the Mods say to me, that I get real shocked and tossed. There is a reason why I ask this question. And in fact, I KNOW it is a stupid, uneducated-looking question, but believe me. I'm just 15 for god's sake! I'm not a marketing expert or a business researcher! Nor am I a walking encyclopedia (that's why we're here asking questions..). Information does not come out of the sky... so PLEASE, I ask you. Please, if you have the information.. would you please be so kind and share it with me? Thank you so much.
Image Image Image
Protect your PC against security threats with industry leading software from Kaspersky!

Noddy1966
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by Noddy1966 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:12 pm

sonicboom2885
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by sonicboom2885 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:15 pm

A quote i read some where once, a long long time ago,
"There are no stupid questions...... only stupid people."
LOL
J/K - u aint stupid. Ummmm, well, since im not a tech junkie much any more, i would have no clue where to even approach your question.
However, it begs me to ask, when and where did u hear about such an item?
It was planned for future release?
Becuz the fact that the website itself wouldnt have it or any news/info on it seems kinda strange.
Are we sure that ATI is making it themselves? Or are they giving the license of manifacture off to people like Sapphire or other such companies?
Maybe someone will swing by, see this post n help out.
I'm just mad curious right now.
-SonicB

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Last edited by rd on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

tomcatdriver2006

look at this link top of line now

Post by tomcatdriver2006 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:57 pm

http://www.gecube.com/products-detail.p ... d_id=62851

this is latest whql certified, it is not 1Gb, nor the r600xt, 600 is next one out the box. EAD specks tis was a b.th to find, took 2221.5 hrs

i am calling ati /amd now , be right back
steve
td

tomcatdriver2006

best i can finf in under 3 hours

Post by tomcatdriver2006 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:13 pm

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4898

Board benchmarks, aka "R2900" series. wow! 600 / 399 $US for economy version if that means anything

3D mark score of 12K+ beat our 8800 nVidia, pci-e 16x, etc etc. foot long hotdog. 750(?) core and 2200 Mhz memory clock, 1 Gb. Hsave fun!

supposed to come out in may, oh we shall see, is a hot one, literally
I like it ! x1950 is best out now, so they say, 1/2 GB GDDR4 etc, etc 580+ VPY
Main thing is this nee card suck 240 wATS, get a portable generator!

lol!
nite
Steve
TD
by
sdh/td

EDIT: UMMmmm.....read the second post.....LMAO...Got ya steve-0.....LMAO........RD

sonicboom2885

Post by sonicboom2885 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:54 pm

sheesh that was fast. nice guys.......

groundsquirrel

and

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:10 am

And can you guess how they found it?

EDIT by RD: Didn't want to make him feel too bad....so we left it out... :wink:
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:38 am

Wow! Great info guys! I really appreciate your help. :)

And I also see that these articles were written just yesterday, to answer RD's and GS's question.. :wink:

Looks like I'll have to wait till May to get this card! Well.. not so long from now! When I go to Holland this summer, it will most likely be there already :D . Along with my copy of Vista and FSX. I just can't wait!

Thanks again guys, really appreciated.

Captain El
Image Image Image
Protect your PC against security threats with industry leading software from Kaspersky!

groundsquirrel

exactly...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:10 am

That is precisely my point. Remember, nothing happens before it happens, unless you are on the planet "If". Surclaro is not a site full of hardware and software engineers attempting to elude public detection. Since you are so hot for the latest greatest GPU, why arent you the one reporting to us on new developments (and I dont mean rumours, thank you)? Here's a little project for everybody, type "search engines" into your fave searcher and just start counting. Also, the web is a lot bigger than .com, .net and so on. In fact, just to quell the miffiness of it all, I am going to set up a thread this evening having to do with search engines and searching/researching. Everywhere I go lately, whether at work or at home, it seems all I am doing is researching stuff. Just like dog-fighting skills deteriorated when missiles came on the scene, it feels like we have lost our ability to do hierarchical research with the advent of personal computers. Now, dont get me wrong. I am a Texan, and the surest way to hide something from me is put it right in front of my feet. So, I think it is worthy, due to the sheer size of current databases, to discuss research methods and tools and their application in our fields of interest. Hope to see you all there.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:36 pm

That's a good idea for a thread G.S., looking forward to your starter. My real-life research skills are probably lacking but I can sure manipulate a search engine. If I can't find something online it doesn't exist, or I'm 'denied access' to the result. :roll: :twisted:

tomcatdriver2006

u got mr, see how long it took me LMAO!

Post by tomcatdriver2006 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Well RD, U did get me, but you missed the funest part or did you, Since ias falling out at that ime last niht, I had a ehck of time with my head hittig th ecrt! lol, Boing! Boing BUMP! FLOP!

Just now read it, boy when I am tired I still try to type. Must be sheer joy to hear you guys lol at mt dingy head! BUMP,DUH!

Anyway, Yep u were fist, amazing how fast we really are.

Dopey(me), Acorn Man-(GS), and Rural Delivery man, RD-yeah you! lol.

Even funnier, note how man y hours I searched , yeah right , Boy that was a good one! 2,221.5 hours! Yeah right!

LOL
Steve

RD: 21,450+ at rev 2: minor fixes, added oem cabs x 4, added fuel dump FSX default, etc.
L8R, email me, lets talk about the stats. an upgrades.
Attachments

[The extension gif has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]