what u think about this?

Got the best performer PC around? post your config here.

Moderators: mel wilson, rd, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

what u think about this?

Post by youns » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:37 am

Hey guys! I'm looking forward to buy myself a desktop and here's what I'm interesting in check this link out: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... 537-rLink7

I'm trying to save some money and need to know if this computer will be good enough to give me a good gaming performance as well as a good graphic quality. By the way it doesn't say it in the specs but it's got a Nvidia GE Force 6100. Thanks for your thoughts. CHEERS

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:02 am

What are your PC specs now???

I don't like the E-machines at all for true gaming purposes. They are meant to be media players, and that's about it. As to modifying or updating it, you are restricted as to what you can do with them.

Save some money and buy a better system, or have one built.

RD
RD

ImageImage

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by youns » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:05 am

I have a Toshiba laptop, an old one. I bought it in 2006 and is a discontinued model. A Satellite A80-S178TD. It has 40GB, intel celeron 1.50GHz, an ATI graphic card (also says Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP, not sure about which one) and initially had 256MB of RAM that I expanded to 1256MB now. That's about it. I had to purchase a 80GB external hard drive to install FSX otherwise it'd have kill the machine lol. I have to tell you, I don't have a big computer knowledge as far as graphic cards, CPU Processors and all that so when I read you guys discussions about configurations and processors I get lost real quick! If someone can tell me: "Dude, get this, that, these and those" I'd be the happiest guy ever!!!! lol Also, I'm a student and $700 is about what I can spare for a new system right now and by the way: I'm not looking for the best system either, just decent graphics and a good gaming performance (no lagging, endless loadings, frezzes while gaming and all that)... Let me know if further specs needed... THANKS A LOT

Cat1

Post by Cat1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:34 pm

youns wrote:I have to tell you, I don't have a big computer knowledge as far as graphic cards, CPU Processors and all that so when I read you guys discussions about configurations and processors I get lost real quick!
You need to know what your are buying, before you buy it. This will take some time to study and understand, there are some good magazines for this though, PC Gamer, Computer Gaming World, etc. Even a look at the Intel and AMD websites can be a wealth of information, pair that with your local copy of wikipedia and you can understand the details better and better.
youns wrote:If someone can tell me: "Dude, get this, that, these and those" I'd be the happiest guy ever!!!! lol
This would be pure conjecture... There is no "all in one system" on the commercial market that I am aware of. At least not one that does all I want it to do.
youns wrote:Also, I'm a student and $700 is about what I can spare for a new system right now and by the way: I'm not looking for the best system either, just decent graphics and a good gaming performance (no lagging, endless loadings, frezzes while gaming and all that)... Let me know if further specs needed... THANKS A LOT
This is a contradiction, disposable money? Computers are a "you get what you pay for" item. The more you spend the better the system... More correctly, the longer it will lend its self to being usable and to be upgraded in the future should the need arise, and it will, oh yes, it will.
E-Machines, as RD pointed out, is not a gaming platform by any stretch of the imagination. It will serve as something to game on but not designed as a gaming system.
My suggestion, wait until you have money in the range of a bit over $1K and learn what you really want component wise in the mean time.

I'm doing the same thing... :wink:
Also check out Tigerdirect.com and Newegg.com for insight as well.
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by youns » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:19 am

thanks for the advice, i'll hang on to that until I have a decent amount of money to get myself a good system but until then, I'll keep pulling my hair til I'm bald!!! [-o<

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by youns » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:45 am

is HP a good brand for using FSX?

121a
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by 121a » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:59 am

imo, no common brand name is good for gaming. FSX, you should not even worry about that. That game is such a resource hog that the technology today is finally able to catch up with it. A good system for gaming is alienware, they are pretty cheap and have warrenties and what not. It will cost you though. Building a system with $1000-$1200 is a very good alternative though. You could get a lot of new the new stuff and have a respectable system. And it is not as hard as it seems and is quiet easy.
Specs
Raidmax Smilodon Green Case
Sythe Kama Cross cooler
Intel Q6600 Quad Core @3.2ghz
8gb Corsair Dual Channel DDR2 800
Zotac 9800GTX OC'ed
250gb WD sata 3gb/s
650w Corsair PSU
FS9 on high-40 (locked) fps 35-40fps at high traffic airports
FSX high-low 30 (locked) fps 20fps at deserted airports

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by youns » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:31 am

rd

Post by rd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:57 am

See my very first post.

Both the above are still Media Entertainment systems. A good give-away is the G-card. Whether it is a 6100 or 6150, it is not a gaming rig.

Buying any of them, and thinking you will be happy with the performance of your games, will give you "lunchbag let down". Another words, you won't be happy with it.

I'll post back here in a few, of some decent, and upgradeable systems.

RD
RD

ImageImage

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by youns » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:31 am

thanks rd, looking forward to see those... regards