just got saitek x-52 today

Install help, recommend it, hate it, all about game controlers.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

bennyflyer
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

just got saitek x-52 today

Post by bennyflyer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:39 am

well i just got the saitek x-52 today off of ebay (for a really good price, less than retail including shipping) How do you guys like it?
any tips?
it hasnt been shipped yet but i cant wait to get it

p.s. this is my second post here, so hi to all of you. love to fly FSX(deluxe,yay) and i like aerobatic prop planes. there very
Ive been flying since second grade(im now 13) on flight unlimited 95.

heeshung
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by heeshung » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:15 am

I've been very satisfied with mine. The control stick, throttle, and all other controls are silky smooth. The rubber grips are great for all gamers, and both the throttle and stick are very ergonomic. The stick and throttle are both very customizable. You can change the throttle resistance, and modify the stick to suit your hand.

Some people complain that the stick is too "loose" and easy to move, but it's a matter of getting used to it. Personally, I have better control on the x52 than on other sticks with more resistance.

The LCD is very beneficial, contrary to most peoples' opinions. The clock can help you keep track of time while playing, so you don't have to minimize the game just to check the time. The timer is also helpful when you want to log flight times.

I love how there are 3 modes, so that you can program almost anything you want without running out of buttons. The lighting is superb, and gives it a great visual flare.

The x52 is a great controller, loaded with buttons and features. Lastly, to make a great controller even better, the stainless steel, rubber grips, LED lights, and LCD make the Saitek x52 drop-dead sexy.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
4096MB Corsair Dominator DDR2 @1066MHz (5-5-5-15) 2.1V
Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB 32MB Cache
2x NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB G92 Core in SLI
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR PSU [80A]
Acer X223W 22" 16:10 Widescreen TFT LCD
Azalia HD Audio Connected to 5.1 Channel Harmon/Kardon Surround System and Plantronics GameCom 377 Headset
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Lachesis 4000dpi 3G Laser [Philips Twin-Eye] Wraith Red Edition Gaming Mouse
EVGA nForce 780i SLI FTW Special Edition Mainboard 132-YW-E178-A1
Antec Twelve-Hundred Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7000) (7000.winmain_win7beta.081212-1400)