Joyrider......?help!!!!!

Install help, recommend it, hate it, all about game controlers.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

skydiver
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Joyrider......?help!!!!!

Post by skydiver » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi guys!!!!

Could somebody just please tell me what to do!!!! I bought the plans of the Joyrider but the "PVC" thing just does not work for me!!!!

It's just a bit too expensive if you built it out of PVC pipe. But then I saw that "ULTIMATE JOYRIDER" built with metal pipe,but then I also saw that it was a whole new design.........So all I wanted to know if somebody could please send some tips!!!!!

Skydiver

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

maybe

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:32 pm

maybe a page link would help, to much to do to search all over for your intentions.....
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

skydiver
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by skydiver » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:42 pm

Oh sorry!

http://www.acesim.com/main.html

Thanx!
Skydiver

groundsquirrel

tips?

Post by groundsquirrel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:05 am

Could you be a bit more specific in what you mean by "tips"? Short concise questions will be more helpful than a vague "help me!".
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

rd

Post by rd » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:29 am

http://www.acesim.com/ready.html

hehe....check out what some of these builders did with it.

As for tips, use the PVC. It is cheaper than aluminum. Then paint it.

If you want the "Ultimate Joyrider", looks like your going to need to pull some cash out again.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:27 pm

skydiver wrote:Could somebody just please tell me what to do!!!! I bought the plans of the Joyrider but the "PVC" thing just does not work for me!!!!

It's just a bit too expensive if you built it out of PVC pipe. But then I saw that "ULTIMATE JOYRIDER" built with metal pipe,but then I also saw that it was a whole new design.........So all I wanted to know if somebody could please send some tips!!!!!
I don't think there's much doubt that PVC is the cheapest way to go. Cost comparison wise, PVC is definitely going to be cheaper over black iron, galvanized iron, or aluminum pipe. Take it from me, I work with all of the above on practically a daily basis.

Consider that Iron Pipe will have to be cut to fairly exacting specifications and then threaded by a tech at your local hardware or home building big-box store, (for an additional price), unless you have a pipe threading machine on hand that can thread the various unusual sizes of pipe??? To say nothing of the fact that a quarter inch off here or there and your final product is going out of balance in a hurry. Not to mention that pipe fittings (elbows, tees, etc.) will have to be tightened to exacting specifications. One turn too many on a couple of pipe fittings and you're a bit out of balance again! Well, that's a bit over the top, but then again, these factors could prove to be critical in the end result.

Loosely applied physics, but Physics none the less!

PVC is more forgiving, and something that you can work with at home with a miter saw or even a hacksaw, and a dauber can of PVC Glue that sets rock solid in seconds. Dozens of combinations of PVC Elbows, Tee's, Couplings, Bushings of all size combinations are pre-engineered to fit together easily and glued up instantaneously. The beauty of PVC is that you can cut all the pieces, fit them ALL together to see how the final product is going to stand, allowing you to see what's not working, what part might be out of balance, etc. ALL PRIOR to gluing up!

Number all parts with a magic marker or pencil before assembling. If something doesn't fit right, you can easily trim with a saw or electric palm sander.

I could go on an on. But the bottom line is that PVC tubing is the way to go! No question!

Buy a few pieces as you can afford! A few pieces here, a few pieces there much the same as you would do when building a new PC!

Have those big ol' ten foot pieces of PVC cut to rough lengths for you at your big box Home Improvement store. Pay only for the footage you're taking.

Hope this helps a bit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaeg-
Bruce aka Jaeg-

Project Developer:
- Around The World Search / Madeleine McCann

skydiver
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Thanx!

Post by skydiver » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:27 am

I am with you, I just thought that pipe could be less pricy but I were wrong!! :?

Skydiver