Saitek Yoke

Install help, recommend it, hate it, all about game controlers.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

p1127
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Saitek Yoke

Post by p1127 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:31 pm

Hi all,

I am considering buying a Saitek Yoke & throttle quadrant in the next few weeks. Can anybody tell me if this is a waste of time if I don't get the pedals at the same time. How will this affect rudder control in the air and steering on the ground etc. Will I still be able to use my joystick at the same time?

Thanks for your help,

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:15 am

Moved here to where it belongs.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

Boldpilot
SurClaro senior forum member

Saitek Yoke

Post by Boldpilot » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:08 am

Do you mean have the yoke plugged in to one USB and the joystick into another USB. You don't really want to use them at the same time do you????
If you enable auto-rudder in settings you should be able to steer OK. BP

vptoo
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by vptoo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:17 am

I have this controller and also don't have the rudder pedals. You can unplug the joystick as the yoke will act as your rudder pedals on the ground. Just like driving a car. Well, you know what I mean.

DINGY
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by DINGY » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 pm

I am not sure you want to get a Yoke and no Pedals. I assume money, however if you do get the Pedals and Yoke, you will never ,never fly again certain Planes with out them both. Some people like to fly with Joysticks because some AC ( real one)have joystick in the cockpit.

Others as you may well know have yokes, and pedals

If you buy and use a yoke and as Boldpiold says, and enable auto rudder you will have it OK , I believe, but it will not give you a true sense of flying.

Save your pennies and buy the Yoke and Rudder pedal at one time. You will not regret it :!:

p1127
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by p1127 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks everyone for your comments. Dingy I'll try to get pedals soon.

One more thing. To change between yoke and Joystick would you have to reassign all the buttons etc again?

groundsquirrel

not necessarily

Post by groundsquirrel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Not necessarily. The keyboard shortcuts remain the same. As for the controllers, just get it set up for your preferred controller, then when you switch out, just be conscious which button carried which assignment as the settings will remain "button 1", "button 2", etc. Think about it this way. In the simplest examply....if you placed a steering wheel on top of your twist yoke then mounted it horizontally......what would you have?
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:08 pm

as far as having a Yoke and Joystick combo at the same time, MSFT Flight Sim will not allow you to have 2 controllers at the same time. You must pick 1 over the other. I have 2 joysticks, Saitek ST290 Pro ($20 wal*mart special) and a Saitek X52 ($120 BestBuy special) and Flight Sim will only recognize ** 1 ** controller at a time.

-- stupid example, if you have a car with 2 steering wheels, 2 gas pedals, 2 brake pedals, ...... WHICH ONE ARE YOU GOING TO USE???? Right side of car, or left???

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Both, if you have a dual controlled car equiped for teaching people to drive.... !

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

rd

Post by rd » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:08 pm

capt.PropwashKCHS wrote: -- stupid example, if you have a car with 2 steering wheels, 2 gas pedals, 2 brake pedals, ...... WHICH ONE ARE YOU GOING TO USE???? Right side of car, or left???
Depends in which country I am in at the time. :P

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:46 pm

you still get my idea.... if you are the only person in the car.... you can generally only use 1 set of controls at a time... (unless you steer with 1 wheel and use the pedals on the other side) but still, you cant turn right on 1 steering wheel and left at the same time on the other.... it just dont work that way. (not to mention, that Flight Sim will only recognize 1 controller at a time -- i tried to have my ST290 Pro and X52 plugged in at the same time - x52 for planes, and ST290 for helicopters... you have to keep switching the controller config in FS for it to know which buttons are on what controller)

p1127
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by p1127 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks for all your comments. I have now had the Saitek yoke for 3 days, and really impressed! Very much doubt if I'll be using the old 'AV8R' for some time. Next month - pedals!
Many people on the Saitek website had problems with uncommanded inputs, but they must have sorted this as so far no problems.

Highly recommended!

Thanks all

Dave

michaelcraddock
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by michaelcraddock » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm

I have recently bought the Saitek Pro flight yoke and throt quad. Just wondering if anyone else was having a problem at start up(Computor) while the yoke/quad is plugged in?

Comp freezes half way through start up but no problems when unplugged.

Running vista 32bit and no help from Saitek.

Mike

p1127
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by p1127 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 am

Mike

I have had the Saitek Yoke, throttle quadrant & pedals for about a year now. I have never had any problem with the yoke or quadrant, they stay plugged in 24/7. I did however have a problem with the pedals, but as I bought mine from Flightstore, they were brilliant and sent out a new one immediately and collected the faulty one at the same time. I would report this as a fault and send it back under warranty.

Dave

Boldpilot

Saitek Yoke

Post by Boldpilot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:10 am

My compurer man say's to " Check BIOS [careful] to ensure Legacy USB devices are enabled ".BP