playing other games with the x-52?

Install help, recommend it, hate it, all about game controlers.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

KA0014
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by KA0014 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:57 pm

umm parden me if this is way off subject. but i was wondering if it's ok to play other games other then flying with thew x-52 flight controll system? i have a shootem up blow em up kind of game thats not flying. and i was wondering if it would mess up my joystick in any way to play it?

edit by GS : No pardon necessary if it's in the right category....fixed it for ya'....now you can sleep peacefully and we will know you are safe. The world will right itself, RD will play paint ball wars and Hark' will design some new alien creation for us to fly around in. We love it when people sign onto the forum and ask questions....it keeps us from being alone :D

yes, it's true.....Surclaro's moderators are just a teensy weensy bit insane.

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm

it will not mess up your control stick to play other games with it. in fact, from http://saitek.com/uk/down/x52pro.htm .. here is a current list of games that will "support" the X52 flight control system, and have their own "profiles" for that game with the stick

Combat Flight Simulator 3
F22 Air Dominance Fighter
Falcon 4.0
Flight Simulator (All)
IL-2 Sturmovik
Independence War 2
Lock On: Modern Air
Mechwarrior Mercenaries
X2: The Threat

I am sure that you can use the stick with other games, but these are the most popular that the stick WILL work with.

happy gaming

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

remember...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:16 am

Remember that your game controller is merely an input device. I love the way Duke Nukem 3D plays with a stick. You just have to try selecting it as the controller from within your games' options menu and verify which buttons and axes perform which functions. Sometimes you can configure it, sometimes you will have to live with the games default inputs.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

KA0014

Post by KA0014 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:28 pm

ok that sounds great. i have a game called doom. and it played ok on my old stick. but i just thought seeing how it said flightcontroll system that it was only for flying. but i used my other stick for raceing and doom and other games as well as flying. :lol: by the way how can you guys have all the answers to all this stuff? :lol:

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:59 pm

years of experience of boredom.... ie looking around the net for the answers to the 4 trillion questions that come up. hehe. if you cant find answers on another forum... look for the manufacturer and start from there. they usually have the best FAQ for whatever your problem is

KA0014

Post by KA0014 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:19 am

:lol: yeah i hear ya on the bordem sir.