Erratic Behavior With the X52

Install help, recommend it, hate it, all about game controlers.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

nemesis1900
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Erratic Behavior With the X52

Post by nemesis1900 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:54 am

Hello
I have an X52 Flight Contorl System and recently it has been acting really weird. All in the rudder. The rudder will snap to the full right if I touch any control surfaces or throttle, and will also snap to the right if I let it sit still for 30 seconds. Impossbile to fly, same problem with all my alternative joyticks. Please Help

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:12 pm

Check MSFS site for known issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823631

Exx

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

dont forget...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:16 pm

Dont forget the keyboard as a possible cause.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

heeshung
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by heeshung » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:17 am

Your problem sounds similar to the problem I had when I first installed FS9. My views kept switching and there was no way to stop it. It was as if someone kept hitting the 'switch view' key on my joystick. I called Microsoft technical support and finally found out with process of elimination, it was my UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) controlling software that was interfering with FS9. I turned it off, and everything worked fine.

My point is that your problem could be from any program or process running in the backround. I would suggest you try closing down programs and processes that you don't use at the moment or don't need. But you have to know what process/program it is; don't go ending random programs or processes (or your system might become unstable). :roll:

Radioman
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by Radioman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:03 pm

I have had the same problem with the X-52 and the X-45 before that. Here's what I figured out and how I fixed it. I noticed that when one or both of the rotary knobs on the throttle were turned off center it would occasionally make the rudder suddenly go fully to one side or the other. Sometimes the rudder would work fine until you went past half rudder deflection then the rudder would return to center even though I was still giving control input. When I noticed that this behavior coincided with the rotary knobs being off center I kept them centered from that point forward and the problem disappeared. You will notice a "click" in the feel of the knob when it is in the center position. The joytick properties screen with the bar graphs and such will also tell you when they are centered.

Edit- I just noticed a post by another member who had the same finding that I did with the same joystick.
http://forums.surclaro.com/ftopic5051.html

bennyflyer
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by bennyflyer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:50 am

i can tell you this, it is not your joystick if you are using other alternate ones aswell, it must be the comp. or the pogram

groundsquirrel

I can tell you...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:52 am

I can tell you that this thread's last post was over a year ago. Also, problems like these are why I use FSUIPC registered. The module allows for fantastic control of joystick parameters as well as key assignments and winds.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

rd

Post by rd » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:35 am

Great, another post on an old post. When will it die. LOL
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

sonicboom2885
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by sonicboom2885 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:56 am

LMFAO - RD - im sry but i jus read the one u locked......... and then this..... that jus made my day.
hahahaha