Why am I constantly being forced to Go Around when landing?

News, events, everything you want about ATC.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, gbesoain, Cat1, skipperdan

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Why am I constantly being forced to Go Around when landing?

Post by sgtdirtybum » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:01 pm

Hey all,

Real quick question. I usually fly a add-on MD-80 when I'm coming into KLAX or KDFW I am flying about 175 KIAS with 10 flaps and I get into the pattern as ATC requests. I then start to line up about 5 miles out and ATC tells me "run straigght in, you're clear for landing, go to tower" and then I will switch to the tower... within about FL020 and about 10 seconds from breaking the runway thresh hold, ATC comes back on and tells me to "Go around, you are not cleared to land" ....... sure enough.....as I look... it's almost a prop a/c that is still in the transition of T/O.... anyone else have this issue and possibly a suggestion of why this happens..... and BTW.. it usually happens about 2 out of 5 times I fly into these two particular airports....

Thanks
SDB (SGT Dirty Bum)

Skycap
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

well

Post by Skycap » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:55 pm

as far as I know the only time atc tells me to go arround is if I come infront of another plane when landing or come in too fast. ALso those two airports are really busy so there is alot of traffic. LAX is know for having ppl go arround happend to me 3 times in real life. LAX onece pulled up a 747 in front of our 757 so I think MFS is pretty real now lol.

Skycap :D

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by sgtdirtybum » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:20 pm

skycap wrote
happend to me 3 times in real life.
are you a pilot skycap? You know....I know that maybe I should move this request to another part of this forum, but the thought of overspeed did cross my mind, but that would be awesome if in the new FSX that ATC actually gave out speed mandates and enforced the 250kts under FL100 rule.. that would be cool...

Skycap

no

Post by Skycap » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:28 am

no I meant as a passenger. ya it wud be cool add it to the forum

Skycap :D

Flight
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Flight » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:28 pm

I too, am getting fed up with ATC telling me to go around. It matters not whether it is a large or small plane, or whether it's a large or small airport. I can only conclude that it is a bug in FS9 that hopefully will be eradicated in the next version.

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by sgtdirtybum » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Now... I believe it may also be a bug that I have... maybe it has something to do with the AI traffic I installed... last night.. landing at KSAT 12R I was told to "GA" again... i looked down.. and there was nothing on the runway, but a SWA 737 waiting to taxi on for TO... what gives??
SDB (SGT Dirty Bum)

england77
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by england77 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:50 pm

Try downloading AI Smooth - It makes ai aircraft fly holding patterns and reduces the number of go-arounds.

Search for 'aismooth' on avsim or maybe surclaro

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by sgtdirtybum » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:24 pm

sounds like a plan man... thx