ATC program for default 04 server? NOT VATSIM/IVAO

News, events, everything you want about ATC.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

ATC program for default 04 server? NOT VATSIM/IVAO

Post by Behrentzs » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Hi there!

I am a very eager ATC controller (LOL :lol: ) on the FS04 multiplayer servers..Now I have used ATC Radar Screen 5.0 for some time, but I felt that it "wasn't enough", so now I'm wondering if there are any other ATC programs out there? No matter if it's payware.

Plz help!

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

Max
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Max » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:02 pm

Though I can't help much with the question at hand, I'd be very interested to know exactly why you don't try to with something like VATSIM. From my experience, fun never stops over there....hehe.

Also, here's a payware option of it. No voice, as far as I understand it.

http://www.londoncontrol.co.uk/
Dont point your plane where you brain hasnt been 2 minutes ago.

ricktobin
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by ricktobin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:07 pm

Have you tired West Coast ATC?

http://www.westcoastatc.com/

tropicalfish
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by tropicalfish » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:30 am

RickTobin! I haven't seen you in a while.

Max
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Max » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:00 am

You weren't looking :roll:
Dont point your plane where you brain hasnt been 2 minutes ago.

harvester03090
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by harvester03090 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:09 am

London Control does come with voice its just an absolute rip of in price.

Claude
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Claude » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:15 am

Max wrote:... why you don't try to with something like VATSIM. From my experience, fun never stops over there....hehe. /
Same with IVAO...

You should really try one of them out, you get loads of help from other pros and u get a couple of real-life ATC controllers helping you out too :wink:

Regards,

Claude 8)

Ice
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Ice » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:49 am

I will agree with claude, VATSIM network goes for a more professional approach towards air traffic control, and although there are more controllers it requires quite a bit to get into the controller position. you have to go through a series of exams and other bits and pieces to get there. Plus when you make a mistake u can get your head bitten off. IVAO however is aimed at both the professional and new people to air traffic control and pilot ATC experience. IVAO provides a more friendly service to both pilots and air traffic controllers. With IVAO you do not have to go through exams to become a controller, you just have to know the basics. You do however need to do exams to control bigger airports and other important positions.

I was like you in the way that i used ATC client 5.0 in learning to become an ATC on various public servers. however i wanted to spread my wings more. So i went to IVAO and signed up, got the software, and logged on. I [was just observing a few regional airports when some helpful people came over and tought me the basics, how it is done proffesionally. It was a very different experience but it was a good experience. Now those people that helped me now have become good friends. And i do enjoy joining up with them and controlling the whole works at an airport > DEL, GND, TWR, APP, and even sometimes DEP. Then there is always CNTR too.

I would suggest IVAO.

if you want give me a pm or email, if you would like a bit of help with getting started.

http://www.ivao.aero/hq/ - IVAO website
http://www.vatsim.net/ - Vatsim Website
Ice

Sky Blue Radio DJ - www.skyblueradio.com

Sundays @ 13:00z

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:10 am

Hi guys!

I am already a member of the VATSIM network, and know about the professionel ATC. It's "as real as it gets".

But that's not the way I wanna do it. I don't wanna be as professionel as VATSIM/IVAO is, just do it "for fun". In VATSIM / IVAO, as said, pps would cut the hand of ya if u maked a mistake.

I just want an ATC program FOR FS2004, with more fetures than ATC Radar Screen...

Someone told that he has had a demo of an ATC prog for FS04, witch was very advanced and with a lot of options, but unfortunetly he didn't remember tha name..

And the London Control: As far as I understood, it's a simulator itselfs, not an ATC program for fs04..?

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee