Wanted: Instructor

News, events, everything you want about ATC.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, gbesoain, Cat1, skipperdan

Captain_Sean
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Wanted: Instructor

Post by Captain_Sean » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:36 pm

Hey everyone,

It's nice to see everyone again after a long break away from flight simulator, but it's good to be back :D

I am interested in becoming a VATSIM Air Traffic Controller so that I can have a better understanding of what it's like being an ATC (for a possible future career). After looking more into it, I began to feel overwhelmed by all of the confusing manuals and information out there that everyone is required to know in order to be an online ATC. Now, I know all of you have busy lives of your own, but I was wondering if there is anyone out there that would be able to spare some time and help be like a private instructor for ATC so that I would be able to understand everything more, and to see if this is what I really want to do in my life.

I know this is a lot to ask but any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

--Sean

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Hi Capt :D

If u havn't tried it, try to visit your local VATSIM division...Sure they will do ..?

But if u need, I would also like to help. Not completely sure that I know all the procedures, but I know the basis and the most (I think). But I would suggest u to see if others answears to this topic (more expirenced ones) and if not, just come and I will see what I can teach u :wink:

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:16 pm

Sean, I doubt there is anybody here that can do what you ask, much less have the knowledge to help you.

http://vatsim.net/controller.html

This link is from VATSIM. Check it out if you already haven't.

Good luck.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

Captain_Sean

Post by Captain_Sean » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:25 pm

Thank you guys, I will check out VATSIM some more and see what I can find. Thanks again :D

Sean

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:43 am

i am no where close to a professional, and i do not claim to be. Though I do have some knowledge of ATC. Though in my spare time (after 7pm Eastern) i would be glad to try and work with you and try to help you understand as much as i can.

I can mostly be reached on TEAMSPEAK, but if you would send me a private message so that I can give you the address for that, as I would rather not post it here on this Site.

Commander_n_Chief_Dirtybird@yahoo.com

OR

just hit Private message at the bottom of this post and I will get back to you on how to set up TeamSpeak2 ( http://goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads&id=1a )
Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop
WINXP Home (sp3)
Intel Celeron M -- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1396 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Video: Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

Tennis_Nick
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Tennis_Nick » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:34 pm

I know everything about ATC!

first you press 1, then 3, then 2, then...

Stupid joke ended...

robbiedew101

Post by robbiedew101 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:01 pm

I am an S3 (soon to be C1) with KZMA on VATSIM, and the local staff does all the training. Just e-mail your ATM or Training Administrator to set up a training session. If you have anyquick questions, post 'em here and I will be glad to help.
CAP Flight Rescue 823, runway 32, Cleared to land.
Cleared to land, runway 32, CAP Flight Rescue 823.