PCI-E 1x Troubles

RAM, Video Cards, CPU Etc... get it or give it here...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, gbesoain, Cat1

Pcgames2
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

PCI-E 1x Troubles

Post by Pcgames2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah just bought a Avertv combo tuner http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815100015 and for some reason winders can't see it when I try to run it off my PCI-e 1x. But it will show up if I run it on my 16x slot. And I need that slot to run my G-card. So what might you think the problem be? Now have googled this and came up with nothing its like I'm the one with this problem.

specs are

Emachines t6532 with a MS-7207 MB
No new specs yet I seem to in little bit of a pickle the mother B on eMachines T6532 its junk and supposedly gos bad after 2yr. Which has me worried ($200 Part) and not to mention the switch to DTV so my analog tuner cards gotta go.

tropicalfish
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by tropicalfish » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Check your BIOS, is there an option for enabling PCI-E 1x?
Computer Specs
Antec 300 - Case
Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W - PSU
GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H AMD 790GX - Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad-Core - CPU
G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR2-800 - RAM
SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB - Graphics Card
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB - Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - Optical Drive
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating System

Cat1
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by Cat1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:51 pm

Board specs say it is a "Plug and Play" BIOS, so it should see it... http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_sp ... l=K8NGM2-L
Do you still have the "stock" e-Machines AMD Athlon 64 3500+ / 2.2 GHz CPU installed in this board?
Shouldn't matter... hmmm, with all that and with the card specs matching the board level input, I'm not sure what else the issue could be.
I'm not sure about the voltage requirements though, or if there is any difference between a X1 and a X16 slot (3.3 or 5 volts) since the card specifies that it would work in a PCI-e X1, I don't think that would make a difference either...

I'd recommend a call to AverMedia...
If you still have questions on our products or should you need to seek personal solutions on the problems, please contact our Technical Support at 408-942-2121 (Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00 pm, pacific standard time).
EDIT: I was just reading through the reviews on newegg and I found this snippet of info , down at the bottom of the replies...Dave in L.A. But you are not running SLi...http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRe ... ds)&Page=2
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/

Pcgames2

Post by Pcgames2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:28 am

tropicalfish wrote:Check your BIOS, is there an option for enabling PCI-E 1x?

Been there done that. They got this BIOS all locked up if there is maybe it just can't be accessed like the core clock. Although I seriously doubt that.

Yes I'm still running a stock CPU, it's nearly impossible to get the dual core I seek at a reasonable price.

The card seems to be getting power I noticed it was warm when I went to switch it back on to the 16x.

I'll try giving them a call, and thanks for your help guys I wait to get all the upgrades done on this junk box.
No new specs yet I seem to in little bit of a pickle the mother B on eMachines T6532 its junk and supposedly gos bad after 2yr. Which has me worried ($200 Part) and not to mention the switch to DTV so my analog tuner cards gotta go.

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:37 pm

If it's an Emachine you have, then I could be right in guessing you are in the UK....

Emachines have been a No Go since they were introduced, not worth the money, you get what you pay for.... Second Guess, did you buy it from PCWorld ?

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

Pcgames2

Post by Pcgames2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Nope Mel I'm a USA Boy.

And I got it at BestBuy for roughly $600 its not so bad. I was unaware that they were junk at the time. I didn't know any thing much about computers until I started flight simming. And didn't start that until after it was bought.