Build an Airbus A380.....in 7 min.

From a RC plane to a Jumbo Jet, get them cheap

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Build an Airbus A380.....in 7 min.

Post by rd » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:09 am

Must have to say....the thing is HUGE. The video is the building of an A380 in 7 minutes. Very cool video if you haven't seen it.

I want the Torque Wrench they are using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbEiHGZtCFA

Here's a video of it landing at LAX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho8pMRHf ... ed&search=

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:27 am

Does anyone remember when they witnessed their first 747 sighting? I sure do. The doggone thing seemed not to be moving in the sky when I first saw it. I remember ducking into a store parking lot and leaping out of my car as it passed overhead on approach to KMSP (Minneapolis/St. Paul Int'l). It was so huge, compared to other planes in the sky at the time. I was in complete awe as it moved soooo slowly overhead on glidepath.

In 1975, I caught a red eye flight from (KSFO) San Francisco to Minneapolis aboard a 747 (couldn't tell you what model). But I was one of only two passengers on board! I remember being *beep* because of that other guy being on board. He slept---I couldn't. In essence, I had the whole passenger compartment, including the observation deck to myself. I did not get an inflight meal, but I was able to have all the coffee and peanuts I could consume.

My last 747 trip was aboard a Northwest flight from (MKJS) Sangster International, Jamaica to Minneapolis. On final at Minneapolis there was a *beep* load of turbulence and downdraft. It was pretty spooky. At one point the right wingtip dipped so sharply that I lurched in my seat somewhat violently. I could feel the wind buffeting the big bird, trying to drive it down and out of alignment with the runway. The wind shear was so severe that I surely thought that we were going to have a very bad landing, possible disaster! At one point, the right wing dipped very sharply again, and in my best estimation it was almost 50 degrees bank angle! From my viewpoint, the wingtip was only inches from clipping the trees!!! When we went level again, I was waiting for a missed approach, and a go-round but our pilot man-handled the massive bird and touched down; albeit with a good hard whomp! But we landed safely! Everyone on board let out a whoop and whistle and a grand applause!

At the gate, while preparing to disembark the cockpit door opened and the captain (a stunningly gorgeous, uniformed woman not a day over 45 years old) came out to shake hands with every departing passenger. She had the biggest smile on her face! I didn't know whether to salute or kiss her feet! If I knew her name, I would publish it here with accolades.

"Goodnight, Ms McGillicutty, wherever you are!"

But not to steal your smoke, RD....

I love the gull wing configuration of the A380. The video you've brought to our attention is awesome! I can't wait to get my first ground sighting!

Does anyone remember the Titanic? Does anyone remember the little Irish woman who said, upon first sighting the Titanic at the quay saying something to the effect of, "It's too big. I'm not sailing on that thing!"

Well, she was one heck of a woman to see something wrong. Me? I'm too dumb and too adventurous for my own good.

If I had the chance opportunity, I would be the first one in line to fly baggage on the A380. If I had the chance opportunity, I would be the first one in line to fly the Space Shuttle. If I had the chance opportunity, I would be the first one in line for Mission Mars!

What? Am I gonna die? Of course I'm gonna die----sometime.

What Me Worry?

Jaeg-

You did it again, RD!

groundsquirrel

wowsers...

Post by groundsquirrel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:00 am

Very kewl, I remember my first look at the C-5 when she flew in to Aviano way back when. Anybody else notice it only needed the inboard reversers? Wonder how much braking G she can make with all four+spoilers+brakes?
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

rd

Post by rd » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:51 am

Yeah, I noticed only the inside reversers. Also noticed how short the landing actually was. I was expecting for it to travel further down the runway, and then it turned. Hmmm, must have some serious power, or some very good, BIG, brakes on that thing.

And I also noticed how sharp angled the gull-wings were. I would love to sit just behind the wings during some serious turbulence. And watch those mothers flex.

Any body notice the Torque Wrench????

RD

PS: Your Welcome
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

groundsquirrel

hmmmmm...

Post by groundsquirrel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:09 am

Anybody else seen the movie "Pushing Tin"? I'd like to see those crazies take a turbulence tumble behind that beast!
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.