Cant get fs2000 running

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: mel wilson, rd, Cat1, ricktobin, Insured Disaster, gbesoain, groundsquirrel

wooster27
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Cant get fs2000 running

Post by wooster27 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:32 am

I have just bought a second hand fs 2000 and have tried several times to get it running. It installs ok and gets to the intro screen ,but at this point it will not respond. Is it me or is it a dud ?

ricktobin
Forum Moderator - Master member

Re: Cant get fs2000 running

Post by ricktobin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:53 pm

No way of telling what the quality of the files are on the disks you have. I did find a link to an FS2000 update. I'm not sure if any of the download links work or not. Give it a try, follow the instructions (if any), and see if the update helps at all.

The update links are for FS2000, pay no mind to the FS2004 header at the top of the page.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsi ... update.asp

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:13 am

Hope you get it going. Anything funky running at the same time you fire up FS2000? Did you choose a 'full' install? Do you meet and exceed the minimum requirements with your hardware? Any issues with other graphic and processor-intense games on your PC?
Also, my main reason for posting is this...if you do stick with FS2000, make sure you do try the update. I remember buying FS2000 for the Concorde a few years back. I had become a bit hooked on FS98 and wanted a newer version, but was quite frustrated and disappointed to learn that there is no setting in FS2000 for aircraft shadows. There aren't any. FS98 has aircraft shadows, as do all other since, except FS2000! The update for FS2000 addresses this by putting them back in, and this was a big deal for me, as it helped me to touchdown ever so nicely with the heavies because I could gauge how close my wheels were to the runway in 'Spot view' from the side, by watching the landing gear shadows on the runway.
You're going to love FS, and if you have decent hardware...try to get a copy of at least FS2002 in the near future...the scenery gets so much nicer with each release. I just graduated to FS9, and these folks who can run FSX with decent framerates must be in heaven!

groundsquirrel

did you try.....

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:24 am

Did you try to run it in compatibility mode? FS2000 came in at the beginning of NT when DOS was still king. Many of my old faves wont work properly anymore, like F22 Lightning II and Janes Fighters Anthology. I can still JetFighter IV but with some glitches. It would be a good idea to keep an old FAT32 machine around for these games, alternatively you could install a seperate hard drive running Windows 98SE and boot from it when you want to run these games.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.