Fix screen display? Download FS2k2 A/C? P51 Sound?

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

zara9dog
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Fix screen display? Download FS2k2 A/C? P51 Sound?

Post by zara9dog » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:17 pm

I have FS 2000 Pro, and no financial justification to upgrade to FS 2002. My HP Omnibook 6000 system has plenty of grunt - 256MB Memory, 20 GB disk, with the screen set at 1024 x768. The system has worked very well for a couple of years. I have Windows 2000 Pro - and am very happy with its stability, so don't want to upgrade that...

First, I have recently downloaded several aircraft, most FS 2000, a few supposedly FS2000/FS2002/CFS compatible. When at Meigs I loaded a DH Beaver (wheels version; fabulous model, thanks guys) and the landscape in the immediate vicinity of Meigs turned an iridescent blue, which I now cannot remove. As well, while the control panel resolution looks just as it normally would, runway and aircraft lights now display as squares - as do the sun and moon. Stars appear normal. It is as though the screen resolution for that specific window has been reset to something I used to see on early PCs 25 years ago... This changed lighting effect happens no matter where in the world I go to fly, no matter which aircraft I select, default or downloaded.

Can someone give me guidance on a solution, please?

Second, I cannot find enough FS2000 aircraft to replace the old downloaded ones I lost. Before I could get to upgrade my laptop to 20 GB, for workspace reasons I had to dump my FS2000 programme and files (no, I didn't have a backup...). *beep*.

For example I used to have an AV8A Harrier; now I cannot find the model except for FS2002. I have tried to download it, but it will not show on my list of aircraft. I read various authors' notes, many of which imply the a/c are upgrades of FS2000 models. How can I use these models in FS 2000? What mods do I need to make to file structures, if any? Or is there somewhere else I can go to get these FS2000 aircraft?

Finally, I cannot locate a decent sound file for the magnificent P51.

I would be grateful for any suggestions. (Polite, by preference...).

Many thanks all

Pete

Royal Jesster
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Royal Jesster » Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:35 am

Sounds like you've had a fun time. :wink: Well about the block thing does it ONLY happen when you select that aircraft (Scratch that part, I just read it over again Just delete that Beavor one and tell me if it works).If not I'd suggest unistalling it, and reinstalling it. When you downloaded the Harrier. Where did you paste it to? That's a biggy. :twisted: And good luck on finding a Sound file for it. Sound files suck at finding. 8O

zara9dog
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by zara9dog » Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:24 pm

Thanks RJ...

Hindsight being what it is I now remember having to do some tricky stuff to get levels/heights to match. That caused the problem. since then I have uninstalled the whole of FS2000pro and re-installed it. The square lights/sun problem has gone, the blue Meigs has gone, and I found a P51 sound set.

So all is well with the world. Except I have lost a huge number of planes...

It seems everyone is posting updates to aircraft from 2000 to 2002, and then the original aircraft they upgraded seem to get lost below my horizon. EG I want the latest fs2000 747, A320, DC10 etc. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places...

Anyway, cheers Royal Jester, and thanks for your concern. Pete

Geoffers
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Geoffers » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:44 am

A lot of aircraft fo F/S2000 can be purcheased from

Code: Select all

www.justflight.com
But as the F/S2000 gets older you will have to be smart about getting it .JUST FLIGHT I THINK IS P&P to the USA another site is wwwsoftwareoffers.co.uk from 99p do not know =$ not much. Got 1 at $1:50 and post was $2:00 Aprox. in the shops sold for $24:00 aprox. HOPE THIS IS A HELP GEOFF