arrcab for fs2004?

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

yeager25
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

arrcab for fs2004?

Post by yeager25 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:31 pm

Do the arrcab downloads for fs2002 work on fs2004?
I did a seacrh foir arrcabs and the only 2 that popped up where for fs2002!

tropicalfish
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by tropicalfish » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:45 pm

whats arrcab? did you mean AFCAD?

T-Fish
Computer Specs
Antec 300 - Case
Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W - PSU
GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H AMD 790GX - Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad-Core - CPU
G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR2-800 - RAM
SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB - Graphics Card
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB - Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - Optical Drive
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating System

yeager25
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by yeager25 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:39 am

no sir,
Arrcab as in "arrestor cables"
And just in case someone else was wondering i just found out that they "do" work in fs2004.
In case some of you are clueless this is a program you can download that adds several carriers to your scenery and also enables the aircraft carriers to actually "catapult" launch your aircraft and also "cable arrest" them.
The arrcab program i found is called 3wire and most of the sites have the add on carriers.
you can also get a payware version through abucus. but ive found the freeware is almost the same.

Cat1
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by Cat1 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:01 am

Yes, they do work. And so do the related boats, but I didn't ever get to "meatball" to work.
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/

rd

Post by rd » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:30 am

Trapmaster, at your service. :D

Yes the ArrCabs will work with FS9/2004, no problem. Just add as in the readme txt.

However, I also use secondary programs that I find (my opinion) that boosts the experience more and gives alot more detail on the panel. Which gives you the *meatball* when trying to land. It also gives you a thrust adjustment. So if you were to try and take off with a 747, you can add the power to the Cat, to pull the bird up to speed and not crash.

I use 3 of them, and they are heavily modified and edited by me, to my likings. It is very close to the real experience, better than 3wire.

2 of them are here: http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?op=search&query= You want the Rcbco20 and the rcbco_up. The other is here: http://simnetwork.com/search.php You will want the second one, that carrier operations.

If you would like, try JUST the Rcbco-11 first. Install it and use it. You may happy with that one alone.

If anybody has any problems or questions, please, let me know.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

yeager25
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by yeager25 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:15 am

yes the meatball doesnt work on the one i have but some out there do because ive used them before.
Also some planes like the f-18 file i use has a glideslope program that comes up on the HUD showing you wether or not you are high/low or out to one side or another! it works better than the meatball i think.

rd

Post by rd » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:33 am

Umm,

I also have the glidescope. And it works great with the meatball. As I said, I heavily modified mine using the above downloads.

If you would like, I will send a screenshot of my panel with the glidescope and meatball working together. It is pretty cool. And they both work together on the HUD.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

bulky
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Re: arrcab for fs2004?

Post by bulky » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:45 am

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I've just downloaded car2004a.zip and the instructions say to put the ADDON SCENERY and the TEXTURE file in the main FS9 folder ... but .... those files are already there. So I don't understand the instruction ... can you please enlighten me? Thanks ...

Haun
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Re: arrcab for fs2004?

Post by Haun » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:47 am

Usually way that the addons are packaged in the zip file mirrors the structure of the flight sim installation folder.
I'm sure there is an "Addon Scenery" and "Textures" folder in both the unzipped package and the installation folder.
But there are more files in both the package's "Addon Scenery" and "Textures" folders that are *not* in the installation's "Addon Scenery" and "Textures" folders.

You should copy the folders from the package folder into the installation folder. When asked if you want to merge the two folders say "Yes" and if asked if it's ok to overwrite files you should also be able to say yes (unless you're really paranoid about messing something up, but you can also figure out what files would be overwritten and manually make backup copies of them).