Search For Madeleine McCann / Ground Support Forum

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:41 am

What Ho Chaps Prune here,

We got away from St Paul and followed the Missisippi as far as La Crosse, the east to Milwukee, over Lake Michigan to South Haven and Kalamazoo

"Oh I had a gal in Kalamazoo, zoo zoo" (passes as singing) I'm not joking I did, name of Anya Syjaker we met one dark wet night on a bus near Fort Wayne sad to say that when we got to the interchange she continued north to Kalamazoo whilt I changed for the 'Windy City' never met again though I'll always remember her "Oh I had a gal in Kalamazoo, zoo zoo"

here comes Port Huron lets get this ol' girl on the deck it's getting a bit misty

Next morning rose early and headed east in torrential rainstorm out over Niagra, Lake Ontario, Watertown Cranberry lake then suddenly the port engine sputtered to a stop and an emergency landing was made at Adirodack deep in the mountains of north New York state.

I was lucky to meet this girl in a hot tub, knew all about the P & W Pt6 so after leaving her with her hands deep in maddies engine I gat an early night. it was noon when I left her and after a short hop across lake Champain landed at Newport VT where I hired a 4x4 and drove to Brownington to look at Lawes Farm but found that although I had offered a good price It had been sold to a texan millionaire so landless drove back to MADDIE in a foul mood.

nex day saw us off early for Logan airport Boston MS bur on arriving at the coast found them at state black completely fogged out so onwards to Providence Rhode Island where it was much the same,. we eventually got down at Block Island whe we could see the airport lights down to 1500 feet before the fog closed in, but continued with approach on instruments and got down safely, which brought us to today where we followed the coast taking pics at all the airports down Long Island to JFK where we passed over McQuire, and landed safely at Cape May county Apt at the entrance to the Delaware River in time to join a beach BBQ (A BBQ for a beech Pilot) & maybe I'll dip my toes in the briney

ta ta for now
Percy Prune CDM & bar

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Hello Chaps Prune here!

We left Cape May late afternoon and headed across the Delaware to Cape Henlopen heading south along the Atlantic shore, crossing into Maryland at Ocean City, then down that long Accomack finger to the Chesapeake Bridge, Tell me you Yanks does it have navigation tunnels it would appears so.
At Norfolk VA we headed west passing over towns with names so familiar
Portsmouth, Isle of Wight, Wakefield, Butterworth, Sydney, Bedford, tell me what wag said "This looks a bit like home we'll call it Isle of Wight"?
next we crossed the brush Mountains, Garden Mountains and into Kentucky
As we followed the Cumberland River we crossed into Tennessee as the light failed the sun fell into a crimson haze, here we lost height on our approach into Nashville, a new experience ILS 20L sidestep to 20C you learn something new every day or you should!

"Go West Young Man" we will tomorrow

You'll come again now, ye hear

Wg Cmdr Percival Prune CDM & Bar (Percy to my friends like you)

PS PICS ARE ON MY OTHER MACHINE WILL TAKE THEM OFF ONTO A STCK SOMETIME AND POST THEM HERE - MAYBEE

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

nice...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 am

Oh, please do. I am useless without pictures. Keep up the good flying and thank you for your participation.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

rd

Post by rd » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:54 pm

^^^^ What he said. :P

RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:55 pm

What ho chaps, Percy Prune here, What!
I've copied da pix on to my stix, how do I post 'em as an attment thingy, I guess
I think there are about a bakers dozen or so how would you like 'em one at a time or all tegether cos we playing catch up for this trip

Percy
:wink:

rd

Post by rd » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Below the text box (this box) there is another box underneath. Click the browse button, then navigate it to your pictures. Double click the pic, then add a comment in the comment box (or not). Then click the "add attachment" button. You have to do this for each pic. Then click the "submit" box.

If you want them in order, then start with the last one first, and the first one should be the last one uploaded.

Just attention to the file size of each pic. More than likely, you'll be fine.

Any questions, just let me know.

RD

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

M

Post by prune » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Hello Chaps well this is the tale of this trip round the jolly ol' world, this snap is of us leaving Birmingham Airport, if you don't know the jolly ol' uk try sticking a pin right in the middle.
Percy
Attachments
Birmingham UK.jpg

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Not sure what happened

This is Waddington AB

We did a Touch & Go here

ok file too big at 142k then off to Wick in NE Scotland some of thr pix are as much as 190k

Advise please

Percy

mel wilson

Re: Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by mel wilson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:56 pm

prune wrote:Not sure what happened

This is Waddington AB

We did a Touch & Go here

ok file too big at 142k then off to Wick in NE Scotland some of thr pix are as much as 190k

Advise please

Percy
Hi Percy..........

Recomended pic size is : 1024x768 is the max size, and 256kb

So, your pic should fit in nicely...

Mel.

Boldpilot
SurClaro senior forum member

Search for Madeleine McCann,Ground support

Post by Boldpilot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi percy Prune, If you go to Microsoft Power Toy's for Windows ,either through Google or directly to the Microsoft website you will see a download for an Image Resizer a very good tool for jpg photo's [Don't confuse with the RAW resizer] The following is a copy from the website,BP

Power Calculator

PowerCalc.exe
624 KB 3 min @ 28.8 Kbps

Image Resizer

ImageResizer.exe
521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

CD Slide Show Generator

Slideshow.exe
548 KB 3 min @ 28.8 Kbps

Virtual Desktop Manager

Deskman.exe
550 KB 3 min @ 28.8 Kbps

Taskbar Magnifier

Magnifier.exe
515 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:38 am

Boldpilot you've lost me!

Oh and by the way these mails are on my Vista Machine but I fly on the HP which is XP so where does this tool need to go VISTA or XP it talks about XP

Percy

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:23 pm

3rd go

Prune

Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions

No Go

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Seems like your correct Prune, cant put up any pics myself either :roll:

Mel.

Boldpilot

Search for Madeleine McCann/Ground Support

Post by Boldpilot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Percy ,I will make it easy for you .Go to
www.ovosoft.net/snapper and put this in your browser .Download the file and install .As you want to take pictures of your flying and your FS2004 is in HP machine ,then you will want to install it in there ,aye. Regards, BP

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi Bold Pilot

I think u missed some mails up - ~~~~~~~I loaded first snap shows us taking off from birmingham in the UK but system refuses subsequent snals as being too big
I downloaded resizer to our HP XP machine not sure what to do with it after I installed it as no icon appeared anywhere so far as I can c

Percy

PS Got about 20 snaps so far - Super What!

Boldpilot

Search for Madeleine McCann /Ground support

Post by Boldpilot » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 am

Hi Percy just sent you a PM . BP

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Hello Chaps, Prune here...

Well we didn't get far today took off OK from DFW 18L climbed to 2300 turned 360 aiming at Chickasha Municipal KCHK just to the SW of Oklahoma City.

40 nm N of DFW had to divert into Denton Municipal with a total NAVAIDS failure, which started as a Master Caution Light Illumination, I lost Attitude Indicator, Horizontal Situation Indicator, Vertical Speed Indicator and the Autopilot, all the analogue instruments appear OK.

OK you wizzkids, Simbuffs how about sorting this for me, I'm off to a party
this guy with a tow-truck came over and asked if I'ld like to join him and his mates celebrate his anniverary he'd been married 1 year for the 5th time.

Bye

Percy

rd

Post by rd » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:00 am

He's on his 5th wife. 8) 8O :roll:

RD

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm

5th wife? Very brave. [-o< ](*,) [-o< ](*,) [-o< ](*,) [-o< ](*,) [-o< ](*,) #-o

Cat1

Post by Cat1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Seems the boss locked down uploading pics inside the board... If you want pics they have to be linked in.
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/

Boldpilot

search for madeleine mcann

Post by Boldpilot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:19 pm

How do you do that then Cat. BP

rd

Post by rd » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:55 am

You can tag it in from places like Photobucket.

Hmmmm........ I just added the Gunnery Sgt rank as an attachment, and it worked. Maybe the boss was working on something, or your file size was too big.

Attachments
380px-USMC-E7.svg.png
RD

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:20 am

@RD, I tried to attach a test pic in responce to Prunes message last week in the Maddie Forum, my file size was no bigger than 85k, and it would not accept it.

Mel.

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:32 pm

20 October 2009 01:43pm

An international campaign has been launched to "re-energise" the search for missing Madeleine McCann.

Everton Football Club have highlighted the cause as the team travels to Portugal - where the youngster vanished two years ago while on a family holiday in Praia de Luz.

The Premier League side face Benfica on Thursday in a Europa League match and have commissioned 6,000 T-shirts they want fans to wear bearing the message "We're Still Looking For You".

Three thousand shirts bear the message in English with the other half in Portuguese.

One of the first images released by Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry, in the wake of their daughter's disappearance 29 months ago showed the then four-year-old proudly wearing an Everton shirt.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright said: "This is just our way of reminding people - not just in the UK and Portugal but across the globe - that this child is still out there somewhere. If we can, perhaps, jog someone's memory or breathe a little fresh life into the hunt for her then it will have been worth it."

Club manager David Moyes added: "It is absolutely vital that the hunt for this lovely little girl continues. People do sometimes forget that football managers and footballers are also dads - family comes first."

Clarence Mitchell, speaking on behalf of the McCanns, said: "Everton have been fantastically supportive of the search for Madeleine and have done everything they can to keep awareness of Madeleine very high.

"Kate and Gerry are especially grateful to them for this renewed push around the Benfica game.

"It is vitally important that people in Portugal are kept fully informed and fully aware that the search continues and the answer could still lie in Portugal itself."

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

rd

Post by rd » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:25 am

Hopefully the message is loud and clear, and the people take it to heart.

She is out there, and needs to be found. Hope, by any means, is not lost.

RD
RD

prune
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Maddie Where Are You ?

Post by prune » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello chaps

Good to see you back on-line, Have just left Figi en-route to Auckland NZ on our 3rd maddie fund raising trip

Kind regards

Percy Prune
Wg Cmdr CDM & Bar
Attachments
rank_wg-cdr.jpg
rank_wg-cdr.jpg (1.23 KiB) Viewed 5444 times

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 am

Cdr Prune,

You've got pluck and brass, I'll give you that! It pleases me that you--at least--are still out there fighting the good fight while the rest of us continue to sit on our laurels. Three cheers for you and no question about it!

Yes, it's been a long time since anyone has shown any interest here excepting yourself of course. I don't know why this project has gone idle especially since we all had such a wonderful time creating, building, troubleshooting, designing and flying and even fictionalizing!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I happen to think that the "Find Madeleine" project was one of the greatest flight sim experiences I've ever encountered. To say that I am proud to be a Co-Creator along with my cohort and dear friend Mel Wilson would be an understatement. I've not seen anything like the Find Maddie project before or since.

As you must have seen in this thread, our original go 'round ended about this very same time two years past. The original plan was to keep the search alive and launch another go 'round right away, but the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday's were upon us and some wanted a break before cranking up another Sally. Sadly, after the Holiday Hiatus, everyone seemed to have lost all interest.

For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out why, except to suggest that there may be such a thing as too much of a good thing, after all!

I've enjoyed everyone of your lively and refreshing posts and what I consider to be your offbeat humor. Please never stop! Please don't get discouraged!

Having said that, I hope that the original crew will come together again to develop another stab at it.

If not this, then why not something other?

I, for one, would be happy to hear any suggestions you might have. Please PM Mel and myself with your thoughts. Perhaps we can put our head's together and.....?

Until that tiime Prune...!

Jaeg-

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:17 am

3 November 2009 12:11am

British police have appealed for internet users worldwide to spread a new video aimed at pricking the conscience of the key witness who knows what happened to Madeleine McCann.

The one-minute film includes fresh images of how Madeleine might look now, including one with dark brown hair and tanned skin in case she has been living in north Africa.

The appeal, launched by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (Ceop) centre, is targeted at a friend or relative of the person responsible for the little girl's disappearance.

Ceop head Jim Gamble said the clip's message, which has been translated into six other languages, had been crafted with the help of psychologists to persuade the witness to "do the right thing".

He said: "The person we are looking to reach is likely to be a partner, family member, friend or colleague of the person or people who were involved in Madeleine's disappearance. It is also highly probable that they, or someone close to them, is using the internet to search for any updates that may suggest the police are getting closer to discovering the truth."

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3 2007 while her parents dined with friends nearby.

Despite a massive police investigation and huge publicity worldwide, she has not been found.

Ceop hopes people will spread the new film - the first appeal of its kind - across the globe using blogs, email and social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

It features a number of well-known photographs and video clips of Madeleine, as well as three pictures of how she could look now, aged six, if she is still alive.

http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:38 am

Mel,

As always, my hat is off to you for keeping us all up to date about all things "Madeleine"!

For those of us here in the western hemisphere, I'm following Mel's never ending tenacity by offering up a link to the most current news being reported in the US about our little Madeleine on "America's Most Wanted" on the Fox, ABC Network.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=45127

I will always keep hope of garnering enough interest in putting together another "Around The World Flight" for Madeleine's (Poster Child) sake. Any of you can certainly disagree with me, but I think our last go 'round was of enourmous benefit to Surclaro, and quite a proud feather to put in our caps or headdress' for those who participated. For better or worse, I personally have never seen anything like it before or since!

Madeleine is still out there in the world, somewhere, and Cdr Percival Prune, bless his 'eart is the only one logging in with any regularity, (excepting Mel, of course).

Anyone up for the challenge? One more time, and around for no better cause in the world that I can think of!

Jaeg- :wink:

rd

Post by rd » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:49 am

Be careful for what you wish for Brucie. You may not like it.

More to follow in a week.

And you better be on your toes for this one boys and girls.

RD
:twisted:
RD