Terrain faults

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

FSPilot06
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Terrain faults

Post by FSPilot06 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:21 am

Hey guys. I found some thread on here about some "giant holes" "floating runways" and stuff. Well, I got on FS9 and searched them out. Let's see...... Propwash had a screen shot of a giant hole in Arkansas near Head Field. He mentioned he had not seen the bottom. With the magic of slew, I investegated the bottom. In the bottom is a river. That's not all. If you switch to top-down view, you can clearly see that this is a fault in the terrain depth design in the game. The textures match up! Just not the altitude (the bottom of the whole is -12,000ft.).

I forgot who posted up something about the floating runways at Davis airport (sorry don't remember WHICH davis either). But, I myself, being goofy, attempted to taxi a cub on the "clear ground" and fell off into a bad, really bad crash.

What I am getting to is that these faults seem to be mainly terrain deptch and elevation problems.

So, is there some kinda software or something that let's you alter the elevation? I don't want to eliminate the holes, I just want to try to make some holes my self :lol:
Flying is not dangerous. If you don't trust something that has to be supported by air, stay out of a car unless it has solid tires. And believe me, those kind of tires don't ride good at all.

Pcgames2

Post by Pcgames2 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:52 pm

Hey herd of a -100,000 ft deep hole that sits next to a 60,000 ft water fall in Venezuela. I forgot to right down its location but got ID to some the scariest airports SESM & TFFT.

DanEvans
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by DanEvans » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:01 pm

Hey herd of a -100,000 ft deep hole that sits next to a 60,000 ft water fall in Venezuela. I forgot to right down its location but got ID to some the scariest airports SESM & TFFT.
The Finger of God is a few miles south of Kamarang airstrip (SYKM) in Guyana. The nearest international airport is Timehri in Georgetown.