Harmonics

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

Boldpilot
SurClaro senior forum member

Harmonics

Post by Boldpilot » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi Guy's, Is the rumble and vibration of the large aircraft such as the B-36 and the Russian "Bear" which have very powerful engines and large diameter propellors caused by the harmonics produced .Something like the Thump in music from the Bass speakers and which the Hoons love in their cars,aye?
During the "cold war" RAF Phantom's would intercept the large Russian "Bears" over the North sea but have to keep a distance away from them as the crews could not tolerate the Harmonics /Vibration from them.

Brain Licker

Post by Brain Licker » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:10 pm

ok...

but should this be in fs2004?
8) Check this out: Farmboyzims Flight-Sims :P

OH YEAH BABY!!! - FS2004

Boldpilot

Harmonics

Post by Boldpilot » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi Brian, maybe something for the aircraft designers to produce for their sound models .aye ?

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

harmonics..

Post by groundsquirrel » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:46 am

Harmonics? I guess you could call it that. Actually, it is the cacophonous noise of hundreds of tiny sonic booms from the transonic events of the large cord propeller blades running at full power. I am, of course, too young to have experienced this but the C-130's running up their engines at Hurlburt field can actually vibrate the walls and windows of the shop I work at nearly 4 miles away through the trees and other buildings.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

FSPilot06
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by FSPilot06 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:06 am

I...would love.... to experience that. I really like those big planes with big engines (it's gotta be a radial) and big propellers. Never before have I been close enough to one....wait....I have never seen a B-39. Down is Mississippi, where my popps lives, there is a large four engine, radial engines, airplane that flies over his neighborhood all the time. One of our family friends is actually one of the mechanic who works on it. I'm not sure what it is....but it's sound as it flew over low, on approach to Keesler AFB, was devestating. It sounded good.
Flying is not dangerous. If you don't trust something that has to be supported by air, stay out of a car unless it has solid tires. And believe me, those kind of tires don't ride good at all.

Boldpilot

Harmonics

Post by Boldpilot » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:19 am

Hi FSpilot06, Reminds me of the time when I was perched on a pair of steps carrying out adjustments on a 14 cylinder radial engine with a big propellor at full throttle nearly being blown away. This was on the Bristol Hercules as fitted to the Handley Page Hastings, Happy days, BP.

Denholm

Post by Denholm » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 pm

I'd love to be at St. Maarten one day just to be blown off my feet from a departing or arriving 747.

EDIT: Right click the picture a few times and press "Show Image". It might not work, incase it doesn't visit this website for the pictures:
http://rinonapo.atspace.com/sxm-stmarteen.html
Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

http://www.603squadron.co.cc
http://www.603rdraf.tk

KA0014

Harmonics

Post by KA0014 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 pm

8O some of them planes looked like they were going to hit either a car or a human coming into land. man that would be truely awsome to see a 747 that close :D

Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:46 pm

When I was a little kid, living in Colorado. B-36s used to go overhead (I have no idea what altitude but they were waaaaay up there) and literally shake the ground...and I'm not talkin' about a little shake. You could feel the vibrations right down into the marrow of your bones. Something I will never forget and something I have experienced with no other plane.

KA0014

Harmonics

Post by KA0014 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:20 pm

not to offend ya sir. but you must be a real old timer. to be seeing b36's cause the only one i know of that actully flew is in the airforce museum here in ohio? if i may ask how long ago was this? :oops: no offence itended either

groundsquirrel

hey..

Post by groundsquirrel » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:23 am

Hey '14.....did you happen to notice the aforementioned members age in his profile just below his avatar?
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

KA0014

Harmonics

Post by KA0014 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:07 am

:oops: yeah after i opend my big yap :lol: