Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- SurClaro senior forum member
- Posts: 763
- Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:33 am
- Location: Wyndham Vale, Australia
Hi ,Is there any way of doing a GPS or RNAV approach without being connected to ATC in FS 2004. I have read Cat's tutorial but it would appear ATC is required . Boldpilot
- Forum Moderator - Master member
- Posts: 2100
- Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:50 am
- Location: KFTW (Meacham Intl, Ft. Worth)
BP, just change the settings for the Garmin to a RNAV/GPS runway and ignore the tower, works every time. Not very realistic, but effective none the less. You may try contacting to tower and asking for RNAV/GPS but I can't remember ever having be granted... Usually, a side step approach.
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/