What would you like to see in the next flight simulator?

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

121a
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by 121a » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:01 am

I would like more aircraft, :lol: Maybe some more detailed airports,and moving jetways also mybe people who boared the plane. I know it seems like a lot of disc space. OH AND REAL AIRLINES1!!!!! :D

pjstinky82
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

I'd like to see....

Post by pjstinky82 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:16 pm

I'd like to see military aircraft come standard with FS, there are a lot of great ones to add on, i just think FS should come with at least a couple.
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking. -Ferdinand Foch

paulvil
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Piggie back

Post by paulvil » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:29 pm

I would like to take all my FS 9 A/c (defalt and addon) and bring them to FS 10, most def. the Defalt ones we did pay for them!
Mmm, 3.14159...

nrkazmi
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by nrkazmi » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:22 pm

I would like to see a more stable Flight Simulator with less bugs and a more realistic ATC unlike the treacherous and trying to kill you type of unprofessional ATC currently riding FS 2004.

Sandpiper-N121PP

What would you like to see in the next flight simulator?

Post by Sandpiper-N121PP » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:52 am

Here are a couple more ideas for Microsoft's Flight Simulator Team... Wings that flex from air and turbulence. That would make it look quite a bit more real. Also... I personally love to take the Extra 300S off from a runway in tower view. Then I turn on the smoke and do my own flight show. It would be nice to have guages with airspeed and altitude in that mode if you wanted so you wouldn't have to guess what your speed is all of the time.

You land a million plane's safely... then you have one little mid-air and you never hear the end of it!!! [-X :roll: =;

paulvil
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by paulvil » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:22 pm

If you hit <Shift> + <Z> should give you the nessary info
Mmm, 3.14159...

Maxell

Post by Maxell » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:29 am

Sandpiper wrote:...wings that flex from air and turbulence...
They do, not on default but many addons do have the flexing wings; ARNZ's aircraft (air new zeland) Meljet, Opensky...iFDG and so on.

golfracer5
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by golfracer5 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:08 pm

i would like to see way way more scenery detail like roads and suchs, more realistic airports, and real life airlines and better jetliners selection, like airbus?

pingponggame

How about. . .

Post by pingponggame » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:38 pm

Better default aircraft, for real. The default airliners anyway need some jurastic improvement. Maybe a couple models where it doesn't look like it's been bashed on with a hammer. More LOD's on the models so that poeple who don't have internet access or for those who still use default AI wont have such a drag. Maybe updated panels. . . . :roll:
ImagePingImage

panache
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by panache » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:33 am

I would sugggest a faster view panning speed in vc mode, wing flex, fully customizable textures, photo real everything if possible, completely random even unpredictable unexpected computer generated failures, more voice overs in different accents and or languages if possible, country - region specific default aircrafts...I live in a very remote place..only way out is by aircraft.

McFlysky
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Re: What would you like to see in the next flight simulator?

Post by McFlysky » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:32 pm

Sandpiper-N121PP wrote:I personally have been thru all of the Flight Simulator from Microsoft since FS 1. There have been alot of changes... if you are new to the flight sim... then you might want to see where it all started... and then add to where you might want to see it go to. I would love to see some of the following...

1. More natural and national/worldwide landmarks. Example...

Waterfalls... Angel falls Venezuela - Tallest waterfall in the world.

Disneyland... California - Where did it go?

Devil's Tower... Wyoming - Not Devil's Mound!!!

Christ Statue... Rio De Janeiro - Where did he go?

These are just a few I would like to see added. Also would be nice to see traffic of some sort on the roads at low altitudes. More trees and bushes would also be nice. Any more great ideas? Below is a link you can go to where you can see where it all began and where it currently is... the page appears to be under construction but still will make you very much appriciative of what you see today in the Microsoft Flight Simulator.

http://simflight.com/~fshistory/fsh/start.htm

Multi-monitor spanning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blubberboy37
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

what would be cool on the next flight sim

Post by blubberboy37 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:05 pm

i think that if the sea had effects such as big waves when there was bad whether then it would be cool. also i think that all bridges (like the golden gate bridge), boats, and buildings should be able to be landed on.
Gosh i like helicopters!

demar
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by demar » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:15 am

They should use satellite images for all around the U.S... that would be a neat feature..

SpectroPro

Post by SpectroPro » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:26 am

The wild thing is, that Microsoft themselves host the largest FREE satalite imagery site on the web. They HAVE sat images for at least the entire US and I imagine the entire world.

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/im ... Y=5792&W=1

That is a nice shot of an airport that many of you should know. Pan OUT to see where it is. 8)

You would think they would use this stuff in FS. Maybe in 10???

I would gladly pay extra (double at least) for a version that had all sat imagery. THAT would be close to as real as it gets.

Beak
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

next fs version

Post by Beak » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:12 pm

realistic water handling for float /sea planes.
ei. will taxi at idle power,must get up on step to reduce drag

w4p
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

wish list for fs10

Post by w4p » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:10 am

i agree with everyone on page 3, especially paulvil and the fs9 a/c transfer, but on the other hand im hoping the a/c in fs10 will dramatically be better, so it may be a non issue.

one other thing i would like is replay/record WITH AI traffic showing!
human knowledge has always exceeded human intellegence

Sandpiper-N121PP

How about this for a new addition...

Post by Sandpiper-N121PP » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:54 am

How about they have aircraft carriers that actually move around the globe. Also include pitch and roll to the decks... that would make it a lot of fun. I know there are already aircraft carriers and boats in the game but they are stationary. Still a challenge to land on... but more of a challenge if they are moving. Also another thing... how about being able to fly over the north pole??? If you haven't allready tried it you can't... you get so far north and hit an invisible wall in the sky... and just veer left or right from it.

You land a million plane's safely... then you have one little mid-air and you never hear the end of it!!! [-X :roll: =;

Rana.V2
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Rana.V2 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:11 am

Has anyone mentioned a better rendering method.

FlightSimulator currently uses, shall we say - "a very lazy rendering system"... I am hoping against previous track records that MS would spend some time optimizing the code, so we can all fly at a decent frame rate (mind it: chip companies wouldn't like that)
:idea:
Regards

Rana Hossain
author of Freeware FlightSim Manager :oops: and FSM MovingMap :oops:

http://www.ranainside.com/

Applle //e, 64KB + 64KB Addon, 80 X 60 display mode... utter bliss

azstrummer
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

User interface

Post by azstrummer » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:59 pm

If I have my computer setup with a high screen resolution, the menu areas of FS9 shrink down to very small with tiny fonts that are difficult to read. It's a fairly simply programming thing to detect the resoultion and rebuild your windows and forms to more fill up the screen area. As monitors get bigger and bigger it would be smart for Microsoft to assume that people are going to use the higher resolutions and resize their forms accordingly to be more readable.

Other than that FS2004 is a wonderful product.

Rana.V2
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Rana.V2 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:20 am

Hi azstrummer,

I think you have mixed up several different points -

a) screen res. defines how many pixels OS will use to draw anything.. its normally written as width X height X colour_depth

b) generally windows program follow windows specified font size - which defines how many pixels to use when drawing the object.

therefore, as you increase the screen res, fonts appear smaller - but they are taking the same numbers of pixel as before.

From your display settings, you can change your font size.. it will reflect on most of your other software, including Flight Simulator -- set it to Large to see the difference.
:idea:
Regards

Rana Hossain
author of Freeware FlightSim Manager :oops: and FSM MovingMap :oops:

http://www.ranainside.com/

Applle //e, 64KB + 64KB Addon, 80 X 60 display mode... utter bliss

Skweekey01
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Skweekey01 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:14 pm

One thing I found is that on smaller airports there are a lot of errors but I guess they can't nit pick on every airport.

bobi14
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by bobi14 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:20 am

AND i would like to see a lot of new modern airliners.MD,BAe,AIRBUS-of course.........and so on.A thimk the graphics should be better then now. :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on MICROSOFT DO IT 8) 8) 8) 8O 8O

SpectroPro

Post by SpectroPro » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:20 pm

bobi14 wrote:AND i would like to see a lot of new modern airliners.MD,BAe,AIRBUS-of course.........and so on.A thimk the graphics should be better then now. :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on MICROSOFT DO IT 8) 8) 8) 8O 8O
They have an entire section of their web site devoted to how they choose the planes for each version and why. You are asking for something that will most likely never happen. They will only ever have a very few installed planes built into the game. This is why other companies create 100's of aircraft for free and for sale for your use.

As for the graphics, they get better in every version. that's a given..

up-chuck

Post by up-chuck » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:58 am

i think it would be cool to have AI C-130 refueling tankers flying around military bases that acctuly re-fueled.

pjholl
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by pjholl » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:18 pm

ENGLISH AIR TRAFFIC, LESS OF THOSE AMERICANS (with all due respect)

Edit by Exxman: More a personal preference really no? One could say the same about any country they are akin to. Americans have no problem saving a life any more than the British do...or any other country for that matter. The sim was designed by an American. If he was from the UK, he would talk funny and the Americans would complain...

ricktobin
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by ricktobin » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:35 pm

Wow PJholl, your FS came with American airlines already included? And to think I've been downloading hundreds of U.S. flagged carriers because my version didn't come with any.

Nice third post by the way, good way to join the community and fit right in. (with all due respect of course)

Mythrilfan
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Mythrilfan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:36 pm

I´d like visual stress damage. Y´know, like on that paris airshow when the russian tu-144 started falling apart in mid-air. And where´s the actual atc? They don´t come and say: "air anonymus flight blabla change altitude to 4,000, be advised on collision course with airbus a380¨ or sth like that. And there should be a voice synthesizor, i hate it when i fly an ¨experimental¨ 707. I´s just boring.

paulvil
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by paulvil » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:39 am

How about editable Model files?
Mmm, 3.14159...

ricktobin

Post by ricktobin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:57 am

OK MS, EA Games figured it out a while ago, why haven't you. MS, get a copy of C&C Generals and take a look at the "WORLD BUILDER" Application that comes with it. Why can't we build FS landclass files that easy?

Max
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Max » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:33 am

Now there's a good idea...I always wanted to make an island of my own in the Atlantic Ocean....and I never did that because I couldn't do landclass properly. I could figure out AFCAD (barely) but I never found a way to edit LC. C'mon Micorsoft..... :)
Dont point your plane where you brain hasnt been 2 minutes ago.