RWY light intensity question

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

Cobra Driver
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

RWY light intensity question

Post by Cobra Driver » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:26 pm

OK, I have some dim lights on my runways.

I have gone thru and made the suggested changes "out there" to my fs9.cfg file, but all it changes is the size of the light, not the intensity. I have all 4 light settings at 1.0 and have tried many variations. Now if they were stronger that would be very nice.

I have been practicing deck landings and am ready to move on to night landings but I can only see the deck lights and the "Ball" at about 1/8 mile out. Too late if the set-up is even a bit off.

The same lousy lighting is going on at airports too.

Also, If I were to D/L runway lighting packages, how do I identify the old ones so I can remove them and replace with the new ones?

Thanx to any and all.

CD
Pugnare, Fornicare Au Mort

paulvil
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by paulvil » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:22 pm

On AFCAD 2x click on the runway go to the lights section and adjust the lights there
Attachments
afcad2.jpg
Mmm, 3.14159...

ricktobin
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by ricktobin » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:13 am

I downloaded several lighting upgrade files until I finally found one I liked, it's mostly trial and error and personal preferance.
Cobra Driver wrote:Also, If I were to D/L runway lighting packages, how do I identify the old ones so I can remove them and replace with the new ones?
Usually the new files will overwrite the old files. MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE NEW FILES!!!

I have a folder named ORIGINALS sitting on my desktop, anytime I download something that may replace a large number of files, I make a copy of the folder the new files are going to be dowloaded to and put it in the ORIGINALS folder. Then after I download the new stuff if I don't like it, I delete the folder with the new stuff and replace it with the original folder.