Engines reducing back to Idle

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

nrkazmi
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Engines reducing back to Idle

Post by nrkazmi » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:46 am

For the last few days I am experiencing a strange problem. This almost occurs with most of the aircraft. The problem is that I am all set to take off my Cessna 172/182 or for that purpose any other aircraft. I release brakes and either increase throttle by F3 or give full throttle by F4. The aircraft rolls on but after 5-7 seconds the engines automatically slowly go back to idle. I again increase full power by pressing F4 once again. The aircraft speeds up for 5-7 seconds and then again the power drops automatically to idle. This is happening both in FS 2002 as well as FS 2004.
I dont know what the Hell is wrong with FS.
Be it the deserts or oceans, both lie beneath my wings.

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

Try..........

Post by groundsquirrel » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:15 am

Try checking the key assignment properties with regards to "repeat". I dont know if there is any keyboard test utility out there besides in the windows hardware manager, but have a look around, you never know. Your problem suggests something going on with your keyboard, whether its settings or hardware you will have to find out.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

nrkazmi
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by nrkazmi » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:28 am

I have checked the keyboard settings. They are fine. Even tried 3-4 different types of keyboards, but its still happening. I dont think its a hardware problem. Something is wrong with its panel settings, perhaps.

rana

Post by rana » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:44 pm

Hi NR,

have you tried disconnecting any joystick/joypad from the PC? I would normally advise resetting back to default Key assignments, but as you are having the same problem in both FS, its highly unlikely that assignments are wrong.

please confirm mixure and propeller is set to max - now, on 2D panel on cessna 172, you will see both throttle and mixure lever, where its push to increase/pull to decrease.. when your engine cuts back, does these knob slide back ?

zunflappie2
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by zunflappie2 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:14 pm

I thinks its indeed a joystick with a gas-button.
Without one, but giving the signal it would go to zero. And thats idle.

Disable joystick and try again. If the problem is gone, this was the reason.
Or just install another (better or the perfect) joystick-software!
Flying around the world in just 10 seconds... everytime i start up FS9

skipperdan

Post by skipperdan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:30 pm

I experience the same problem and could not figure out what was causing it. My problem started right after I installed the Patch for 9.1.

I am using a Nostromo Minipad which looks like a small tenkey pad. Once I uninstalled the software/hardware for this device and reinstalled it, the problem went away.
I AM NOT A PILOT. I JUST LOVE AVIATION.

CAPTAIN--CIVIL AIR PATROL
...Emergency Services Training Officer
...Instructor at the Florida Wing Conference 2012.
...Mission Observer (front right seat)
...Air Operations Branch Director
...Flew several times in a Cessna 182 with G1000 (maintaining the MFD).
...Attended two day class conducted by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
...Completed training for Flight Line Marshall, Flight Release Officer, and Mission Radio Operator.

You should visit your local Civil Air Patrol Squadron and complete an application for membership.
Please watch this video that my son made of a Discovery Flight from Albert Whitted Airport (my home base). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMUg1jiCss
Please check out scenery that I helped develop for Albert Whitted Airport http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?query=KSPG&op=search&cid=
Check out this article in Air and Space Magazine concerning Albert Whitted Airport:
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/The-Airport-That-Wouldnt-Die.html

nrkazmi
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by nrkazmi » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 pm

Yes Rana,
The throttle switch comes out automatically when the power automatically goes idle. I will try all thes esuggestions tonight and let you guys know if it makes any difference.

nrkazmi
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by nrkazmi » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:38 pm

I found out that the throttle button on my joystick was ON. I turned it OFF and my problem solved. Thankyou all guys out there for helping me out in this problem