Is there away to hook the plane to a gate tunnel?

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

PJM8047
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Is there away to hook the plane to a gate tunnel?

Post by PJM8047 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:13 pm

Is there away to hook the plane to a gate tunnel? i saw one of the videos in the game on the jet learning center. Mrs.King is talking about unloaded the passengers and the plane door opens and connects with the tunnel. I can open the doors but do the passengers need to jump out. I know there is no passengers in the plane but if there was they would need to jump out.

myownman
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by myownman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:29 pm

With no passengers, rather a moot question. But no, no way I know of; I simply use side view to stop my large aircraft right at the spot where the jetway meets to aircraft door. Lago's FSE also has some gates with working guidance indicators showing you if you are on or off centerline, and paired green, yellow and red lights indicating move forward (green), slow forward (yellow) and stop (red) meaning the gate and jetway could merge in real life. Whew, now to get my wind back!

Richard

Avoid use of sunglasses in night flying!

PJM8047
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by PJM8047 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:43 pm

here is the video looks like they are connected
Here is where that video is.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FSweb\LearningCenter\advancedflyingskills\video

bschott
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by bschott » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:41 pm

Yes there are a few add-ons that have this available. SimFlyer's airports have active scenery that allow you hook up to the jetways.

Just turn your com and nav radios to a certain frequency, and Boom...you are hooked up to the jetway AND you have all kinds of service vehicals around you (cargo loaders, fuel truck, luggage movers, caterers....)

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

fred!

Post by bluetop » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:25 am

fred sanford rules! made me smile anyway.