Taxi Speed And Push Back Switches

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Taxi Speed And Push Back Switches

Post by jaeger52 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:19 pm

Greetings to all! Veteran pilots and new alike! While I am new to this forum, I am [after all these years] only a novice FS pilot currently rediscovering FS9.1 after a long time grounded by my lifes limitations. Just too darn busy with other things. I hope to become a regular respondent to this forum.

My most current 'official addon' to FS9.1 was FDC Live Cockpit, which I have come to both like and dislike. My next move will be incorporating Vox ATC Deluxe, and I can't wait.

Now that I have put myself outh there--in your midst, I would like to pose my first question to this...what shall I say, Blog? String? Admittedly, I'm not very savvy to geek terminology, so forgive me for my mistakes while I try to bring myself up to speed, here.

1st Q: I am looking for a taxi speed switch and push back control that I downloaded and installed some time ago. I have forgotten where I downloaded it from and would like to locate it's source.

2nd Q: For those who may choose to reply affirmatively, do you happen to know if these "switches" can be applied to other fixed wing aircraft in the default FS 9.1 inventory?

Many, many more to follow.

Respectfully,

jaeger52

Max
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Max » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:19 pm

Answer #1: it's called RCB Groundhandling and you can find it separate or within a panel addon, avsim is the best place to start looking, shouldn't be long before you have them

Answer#2: yes, I believe so, all aircraft with wheels (or amphibian, but on the ground) can use the gauge....floaties, and other special things may be a problem.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the atmosphere.
Max
Dont point your plane where you brain hasnt been 2 minutes ago.

Commander Cool
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Commander Cool » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:46 pm

hey did he call us geeks? I'm sure there is another groundhandling tool out there as well or maybe i'm thinking of the same one, i'm not sure, i'll have a looksie

Derek
The good thing about being a pessimist is that your always being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Linebacker Derek Connor #98
Glasgow Tigers

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

pushback

Post by bluetop » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:39 pm

ive used pushback on ships too,works fine.

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

File Located

Post by jaeger52 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:02 pm

I located the file at Avsim as per Max (thank you). For those of you who may also be interested the most current version of the file is rcbgh-40.zip. It is a push back and taxi speed control. You can punch in the number of degrees in your push back turns as well as have considerably better control of your taxi speeds.

Red1530
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Re: File Located

Post by Red1530 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:27 pm

jaeger52 wrote:I located the file at Avsim as per Max (thank you). For those of you who may also be interested the most current version of the file is rcbgh-40.zip. It is a push back and taxi speed control. You can punch in the number of degrees in your push back turns as well as have considerably better control of your taxi speeds.
Where I can't find it on Avsim. can you put a link in to the page you found it on avisim or the name of the author so people can find it easly?

Mythrilfan
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Mythrilfan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:54 pm

hmm it can be found by searching for "rcbgh-40.zip" in the library, that's it.