Freeware Voice Command

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

DDay829
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Freeware Voice Command

Post by DDay829 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:17 pm

I've been looking for a freeware voice command or ATC voice command but haven't found one. Anyone have any suggestions???

Cheers in advance

DDay829
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by DDay829 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:49 pm

Or any virtual co-pilots?

Ice
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Ice » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Just did a quick search on Avsim and found this flight assistant.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=39661

File Description:
The Flight Assistant - the successor of FS 2002 FA - is a program that provides a virtual co-pilot for flight simulation enthusiasts. You can give commands using a microphone which the co-pilot executes then. For example, one could give the command "flaps up", and then the flaps will be raised automatically. Furthermore, the co-pilot responds to your commands, so that you receive a confirmation. The program is nearly fully configurable. You are able to create new commands and even to edit the existing ones. An optional "Speak" key lets the PC only recognize commands when you press and hold down a certain key. Flight Assistant should work together with every(!) flight simulation without any problems. New in version 2.2: A Spanish translation. Furthermore, the commands are now displayed in an alphabetical order.

(Needs Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime and Microsoft Speech (SAPI) 5.1!)

Is that what you were looking for?

DDay829
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by DDay829 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:38 pm

Thanks, but I already tried that one- poorly designed

mrbigtime
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by mrbigtime » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:51 am

MY GOD? Is this true? U command ur Co-Pilot with ur mic? Sounds cool :) i will try that program. What about ROGER WILCO? what is that program?

gta_freak26
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by gta_freak26 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:08 pm

I just tried this program. In my opinion, i think it's great, something different that doing all the stuff yourself. Configuring your mic takes a few minutes, but it makes the difference. It recognizes your voice well and is very easy to use, thanks for the link!

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:20 pm

happy to help, Roger wilco is like teamspeak, where as its a voice comms utility that allows people to talk to each other over internet (VOIP). Like teamspeak i think it is free and doesnt cost anything other than what u pay for internet connection etc
Ice

Sky Blue Radio DJ - www.skyblueradio.com

Sundays @ 13:00z