Water AFCADs

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

pingponggame
SurClaro senior forum member

Water AFCADs

Post by pingponggame » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:17 am

Is there anyone with any experience in this? I was thinking about experimenting a bit with some AI ships, but need a basis on the afcad portion.

- Thanks
ImagePingImage

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:07 am

Dang Ping, take about something out of the blue (water) LOL

Well, with AFCAD, you can create water strips to take off and land on, which I am sure you know. But what do you mean by adding AI SHIPS??? Are you talking about making ships move from one port to another???

If so, I think you can use Ttools to do it. Create with AFCAD some water strips. Then run collect airports with Ttools. Then add the ship/ships to your aircraft folder. Then make some custom flightplans. But when you do, make the altitude 0, and it should stay on the water, and go from one port to the other. Only problem is, it will also go across land.

If I am missing the boat, let me know.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

pingponggame

Post by pingponggame » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:36 am

I am wondering, tell me if this seems illogical, but to have if 2 ports on one afcad. That way I could avoid landfall.

Create the plan, and just have the ship follow the taxiway to the next port, or parking spot... Like I said, not to familiar with working with water strips. Usually just the land airport stuff.

:idea:

Hmm
ImagePingImage

rd

Post by rd » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:54 am

That won't work. As you cannot have a vehicle move from one port (gate) to another.

Heck, given the length of water, it may be possible to put 2 strips on it. Then have it go from one, to another, as a flight. And since each runway has 2 headings, you would have to edit it to take off on one heading at a/p#1, and then land at heading for a/p#2. then reverse that to get it to return home.

Like I said, depending on the size of the body of water, that is very feasable to do. It will take some time to work it, but, I really do think it is possible.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

pingponggame

Post by pingponggame » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:16 am

lol

Well, Seattle to Vashon Island (I believe its vashon...I guess I would have to look at a map to confirm the name), and possibly others. Its probably 5 miles or so, in FS anyway.
Basically go to downtown Seattle and head west over puget sound, and there will be a bay with a few terminals out there. That would be the place.

You would have to explain that process in greater detail, as I really didn't catch on, lol. Also possibly since its 1 in the morning out here as well. Now that I think about it, this is pretty random... :wink:

- Half awake Ping
ImagePingImage