Aircraft File Limit in FS2004?

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

bobber1
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Aircraft File Limit in FS2004?

Post by bobber1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:59 pm

I have been unziping and downloading aircraft into my FS2004 aircraft file, and until recently everything went well. Lately, however, what I have downloaded is not appearing as a menu choice when I start FS. What gives? Is there a limit to the number of planes I can have in the aircraft file? Or maybe there's a capacity issue in terms of storage?

If it is a capacity issue, how can I safely delete aircraft I now have but no longer want to make room for newer ones?

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:47 pm

As far as I know, no. Have you ensured that the aircraft works properly? try ie to download another, and see if it works.

How to safely delete aircrafts? Go to your FS9--> Aircraft map and then delete what you don't want. If you remember which gauges came with it, delete them, if not, leave them.

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

sonicboom2885
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by sonicboom2885 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:47 pm

well, here is my explaination.
Have you checked the folders to physically see whats inside them before ypou drop them into the aircraft folder?
Some might jus be textures for repaints of a specific model.
You have to see whether or not it is the whole package.
Another reason you wont see them is because you already have that Model, and hence, when u choose a model, you can drop down the place where it says paint scheme or livery, underneath everything else, 3rd line i believe, and choose that specific repaint instead of the first one that pops up. Hope this helps some.
My suggestion to you is to go to the aircraft menu and fish around to see what u have.
Some models jus wont show up - not sure why, prolly cuz the person who made it didnt make it right, etc etc.
-Sonic

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:53 pm

@ Sonic: If it dosn't show up, it's typically because of an error in the aircraft.cfg or because it's just a repaint lol.

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:54 pm

If your downloading textures only, they will not show up, until they are edited into the a/c .cfg.

How about giving us the file names of the downloads that are not showing up.

Always read the readme or install instructions. Never guess. Only delete a/c you have downloaded, and not original to FS9.

Also, before adding a bunch of stuff at once, always add one thing, try it, and then add another. This way you will find problems faster and easier, than having to figure out which one of the half dozen you just installed.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

sonicboom2885

Post by sonicboom2885 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:59 pm

@ bertz - yea i kno ;) if its a pob in a/c cfg - then i jus delete it.
you know while we're at it - does anyone know of an extremely good freeware L-1011 model?
Everything i have downloaded so far has some kinda problem with the model.

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:50 pm

Aerosim has made one, havn't tried it through...Payware: http://www.aerosim.co.jp/eigo/page1_e.htm

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:24 pm

sonicboom2885 wrote:@ bertz - yea i kno ;) if its a pob in a/c cfg - then i jus delete it.
you know while we're at it - does anyone know of an extremely good freeware L-1011 model?
I have a freeware L-1011, cant quite remember where I got it from, but i'll do my homework and see if I can find it again.

Mel.

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:37 pm

sonicboom2885 wrote:@ bertz - yea i kno ;) if its a pob in a/c cfg - then i jus delete it.
File Description:
CDAI L1011-500 designed for AI Traffic use only. This model was created using FSDS2. It features minimum moving parts, dynamic shine, and 8 LODS for minimum framerate impact.

Avsim

Filename: cdai_l1011500f.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 21st August 2003
Downloads: 5212
Author: Charles Dayhuff
Size: 332kb

Not sure if this one is any good to you

Mel
Attachments
cdai_l1011500f-1.jpg

7e7guy
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by 7e7guy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 pm

is it possible to have a link to this aircraft??? does it have a model? in the .CFG file does it have a UI manufacturer? in the .CFG file does it have a UI type and once again in the .CFG file does it have a UI variation??? if it has somthing writen in front of those then it should work... o yeah and does it have a .AIR file???

if you do not know where to locate the UI stuff in the .CFG file it should be at the top in the area that is bold in the following;

[fltsim.0]
title=A319-100 CFM EasyJet UK
sim=A319_CFM_IFDG_011
model=CFM
panel=
sound=
texture=EZY
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=G-EZEA
atc_airline=EASY
atc_flight_number=121
atc_heavy=0
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type="A319-100"
ui_variation=easyJet UK

description="The A319 program was launched at the Paris Airshow in June 1993 on the basis of just six orders placed by ILFC late in 1992 and the predicted better prospects of the commercial airliner market, which were certainly realised. The first A319 airline order came from French carrier Air Inter (since merged into Air France), whose order for six was announced in February 1994. Since then Swissair, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Northwest, United, US Airways and British Airways are among the major customers that have ordered more than 500 A319s. Model by Albaro Villegas and Ric Barker. Master Textures by Ben Jones. FDE by Pedro Oliveira."
atc_id_color=0000000000
visual_damage=0
prop_anim_ratio=1.72
Check that FSX out, ooooooooooooo
I'm starting new

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:11 pm

Behrentzs wrote:How to safely delete aircrafts? Go to your FS9--> Aircraft map and then delete what you don't want. If you remember which gauges came with it, delete them, if not, leave them.
It has been said in some post in the past few days.... WATCH OUT FOR WHAT YOU DELETE AS FAR AS AIRCRAFT, BECAUSE IF YOU DELETE / RENAME / MOVE *** ANY *** OF THE "ORIGINAL" AIRCRAFT THEN YOUR SIM WILL CRASH!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OF WHAT THE ORIGINAL AIRCRAFT ARE, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I WILL TELL YOU THERE, TO SAVE FORUM SPACE!!!!![/u]
Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop
WINXP Home (sp3)
Intel Celeron M -- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1396 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Video: Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

bobber1
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by bobber1 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:21 am

OK, guys, I have occasionally downloaded a paint job in error. But what I am talking about aren't repaints.....they are supposedly full working craft that you only need unzip and insert into the aircraft file. And, yes, I read the ReadMe files too. All they say is "unzip to your aircraft folder" and have fun.

It worked until a little while ago, but now it doesn't. That is why I thought there may be some limit I had reached. As for removing aircraft, yes, I know enough not to mess with any of the models that came with FS2004, but I also picked up on some warnings that just flat-out deleting models may lead to problems. I was told a specific piece of software (a manager?) was best for that. Is this true?

heeshung
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by heeshung » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:51 am

Deleting original default aircraft is hazardous because FS2004 relies on some files in there to run. Any other add-on aircraft deleted should be fine. Heck, you can even leave its sounds and effects and it won't matter. Just deleting the aircraft from your "Aircraft" folder will get it off the list.

That's not to say it'll solve your problem, though. I still doubt your problem has to do with how many aircraft you have and if it is "full" or not. I know people who have over 60GB of add-on aircraft and they still add new ones daily.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
4096MB Corsair Dominator DDR2 @1066MHz (5-5-5-15) 2.1V
Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ 750GB 32MB Cache
2x NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB G92 Core in SLI
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR PSU [80A]
Acer X223W 22" 16:10 Widescreen TFT LCD
Azalia HD Audio Connected to 5.1 Channel Harmon/Kardon Surround System and Plantronics GameCom 377 Headset
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Lachesis 4000dpi 3G Laser [Philips Twin-Eye] Wraith Red Edition Gaming Mouse
EVGA nForce 780i SLI FTW Special Edition Mainboard 132-YW-E178-A1
Antec Twelve-Hundred Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7000) (7000.winmain_win7beta.081212-1400)

rd

Post by rd » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:10 am

People, stop bouncing around like your a super ball thrown against a wall.

One subject, and one only.

Bobber1, what file are you having problems with. Also, there is NO LIMIT on how many a/c you have, or any other addons.
You don't want to see my list.

RD
RD

sonicboom2885

Post by sonicboom2885 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:34 am

sry rd - it might be the a/c cfg.
I have had the problem as well - but i have alwayz deleted those that never worked.

pingponggame

Post by pingponggame » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:01 am

Nevermind...I had to re-read the original topic...lol
ImagePingImage

rd

Post by rd » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:06 am

LOL....I was about to answer that....what you posted. LMAO

edit: you should have seen Ping's first post.
ping wrote:The answer to this is simple guys... It's an AI aircraft and usually people dont fly AI aircraft, so the makers dont set the value in the .air file to make it viewable in the game.

Answer? Download a program that can edit your .air file. For example, AIRED which i found on avsim does the trick to perfection. If you cant find it, fire a pm to me and i will send it to you.

What you need to do is open the desired .air file in the program and edit the "Aircraft type" and change the value from 2...to 0. Save. and voila ur done.

That be it
RD

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:22 am

capt.PropwashKCHS wrote: It has been said in some post in the past few days.... WATCH OUT FOR WHAT YOU DELETE AS FAR AS AIRCRAFT, BECAUSE IF YOU DELETE / RENAME / MOVE *** ANY *** OF THE "ORIGINAL" AIRCRAFT THEN YOUR SIM WILL CRASH!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OF WHAT THE ORIGINAL AIRCRAFT ARE, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I WILL TELL YOU THERE, TO SAVE FORUM SPACE!!!!![/u]
I was referring to the add-on aircrafts he had installed, calm down.

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee