The Taboo subject

Dealing with how to manipulate Flight Simulator software. Add-ons installations, utilities, errors, problems, etc..

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

dandog
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

The Taboo subject

Post by dandog » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:25 am

I cannot find the thread that was on the brink of the Taboo Subject, "hacker files" (If you know what I mean).

Checked out the forum at SOH, which is a "Who's Who" in model making and the advancement of ALL FS series.. They agree with the positition held by SurClaro.

I "Googled" myself blind trying to find a tie to MicroSoft and the abudantly available hacker software. Guess what, cannot find it!!! I did see an interesting "work-around". At FS Genesis there was a thread where someone used a readily available software known as Alcohol 120% to create an ISO image and mount it on a virtual drive. What is this forums thoughts on this idea? I respect the views of these moderators.

The people who underatand what I am talking about are the ones I am trying to reach.

Dandog

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

Here's...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:32 am

Here's the scoop. If you own a retail set of disks, in other words FS2004 A Century Of Flight, and you image disk 4 to mount in a virtual drive as a means of preserving your physical disk and none of it ever leaves your possesion, you are completely within your rights as the end user. If, however, you distribute that image or seek to otherwise negate the disk 4 security arrangement, you are in violation of the End User License Agreement. That is the straight legal crap on the issue.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

dandog
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by dandog » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:30 pm

My feelings exactly. I hope this clears it up for everybody else as well. [-X. I feel that GS's respose should be a sticky.

Dandog

Haun
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Haun » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:16 am

You can do this with most games. The advantage is that you dont need to put the CD in to play a game, it never gets scratched, there is no noise, and it is slightly faster.

Bigggan
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Bigggan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 pm

Why not a c r a c k?

I'm sure there is something more interesting in our Forums than this old repeat....

groundsquirrel

because...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:50 am

Because it is s t e a l i n g !
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

Bigggan
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Bigggan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Is it stealing if i have my FS9 copy and i add a c r a c k to it, so i can play whithout have to turn my room upside down to find the CD?

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:40 pm

Oh for christ sake.............. READ GS's second post in this thread, don't make me lock down a sticky :evil:
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html