For all members, please think about this...

Dealing with how to manipulate Flight Simulator software. Add-ons installations, utilities, errors, problems, etc..

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

SpectroPro

For all members, please think about this...

Post by SpectroPro » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:22 am

When you sign up and fill out your profile for the forum, it would be a HUGE help to everyone here, as well as just plain cool, if you would please edit your profile to include where you are from. It is nice because we can all check out your home airport in FS. This also is a HUGE help if you are from a NON native English speaking country to understand why your posts MAY be a bit hard to understand or read. IE, we won't think you are like 8 years old..hehe

Anyways, if you would put the city, state, country, region, province, etc... as well as the identifier for your local airport, either small field or major...many of us would appreciate it as well as you then become even more so part of our family here.

I, for one, love to fly in and out of the airports of people that post here and have their local airport listed under their nickname via their profile.

If you don't know how, or have any questions, please ask and we'll help you get it set up.

- Greg

444bernardo
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by 444bernardo » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:14 pm

Hello Greg and hello to the list!
I´m new here, just rediscovered the FS sim (last played when it was FS 1 or so in 4 colours (magenta, black, white and light blue)! I´m impressed with the improovements!
I agree with the post and completed my id. I am from Venezuela, live in the city Valencia (scarse representation in FS2004). But some fellows in Caracas did a very nice and accurate rework to our main airport Maiquetia near Caracas (Simon Bolivar Intl.)
Of course, I have a lot of questions and doubts, but I will release them from time to time only not to bother the list (forum).
So for today I send tons of greetings (via air mail of course) from down here!

Saludos, Bernardo ( ß )

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

HELLO FROM THE HEART OF TEXAS

Post by sgtdirtybum » Thu May 19, 2005 3:32 pm

HEY ALL,

I AM ALSO FAIRLY NEW TO FS AS I HAVE REDISCOVERED MY TRUE LOVE OF AVIATION. (SPECIALLY COMMERCIAL AIRLINES). I ALWAYS HAVE SOO MANY QUESTIONS I WANT TO ASK PILOTS ONCE WE LAND OR TAKE OFF, BUT BECAUSE I ALWAYS SEEM TO HAVE FAMILY OR FRIENDS FLY WITH ME. THEY PERSUADE ME FROM DOING SO. BUT NOW, I'VE GOT THIS FORUM.. THIS IS COOL!! I'VE GOT MANY QUESTIONS AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO MULTI-PLAYER FLIGHTS WITH ANY OF YALL. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.

THANKS...
AND GOOD FLYING..

SDB
SDB (SGT Dirty Bum)

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Thu May 19, 2005 3:38 pm

Uhhh...welcome. Hope you enjoy the site. Just wanted to let ya know you posted in kinda the wrong forum here. And also...not caps for type please...means you are yelling... ;)

We'll try to answer as many questions as we can...

Exxman

KeironK
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by KeironK » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:16 am

That is a good idea as then maybe we could all link up on t'internet and organise a fly in at various airports. It would also be good as it would encourage people to explore FS rather than doing what the majority do, and flyin your back yard.

sgtdirtybum
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

would be neat

Post by sgtdirtybum » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:15 pm

I think organizing a huge meeting would be really cool. Sorry Exxman about the caps and wrong forum. I will look for the appropriate forum. I have just become seriously aggrevated because I can never log into a multigame and have someone respond. I'll keep trying I guess.

evenflow777
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by evenflow777 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:25 pm

hi all

another newbie here aswell, thanks for such a cool site, and if you could help with the local airport id for me that would be great,im in perth australia

cheers all
love life

gbesoain
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by gbesoain » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:48 pm

evenflow777 wrote:hi all

another newbie here aswell, thanks for such a cool site, and if you could help with the local airport id for me that would be great,im in perth australia

cheers all
love life
Welcome and thanks!

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) code for Perth International Austraila is: "YPPH" :lol:

You can find other ICAO codes at http://www.airport-technology.com/icao-codes/

Regards.,
G

MCAntonio
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by MCAntonio » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi! I am addicted to Flight Simulator too...I hope that I will learn usefull things and from what I've seen I am not going to get bored here..
If I could change something in the world
I would paint the sea blue again and feed the poor..

Boldpilot

For all members,please think about this

Post by Boldpilot » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:17 am

Hi ,How do we include our local airport ID.Thanks.

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:25 am

Where you put your location in your profile, just add your ICAO to it, and we will know where to bomb....err....visit.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

Boldpilot

Post by Boldpilot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:47 am

Hi RD , put mine in but it still doesn't show . It is YMAV and YMML. Art

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:05 am

On this line BP.

If it's not showing, you may have too much info on that line.

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

Cat1

Re: For all members,please think about this

Post by Cat1 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:11 am

Boldpilot wrote:Hi RD , put mine in but it still doesn't show . It is YMAV and YMML. Art
Bold take a look at mine for layout... I think you have enough room, I didn't include America in mine though.

Boldpilot

Post by Boldpilot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:55 am

Just changed the "Your Location" to Werribee YMAV/YMML.I am trying that

Cat1

Post by Cat1 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:11 am

I see no change...

Boldpilot

For all members ,please think about this

Post by Boldpilot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:29 am

I was altering it in "My Account" instead of "My Profile" Dhu!!Should be fixed now ,Thanks guys.Art

rd

Post by rd » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:00 am

DO'H..... :roll:
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

Boldpilot

For all members ,please think about this

Post by Boldpilot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:18 am

Must have been a typographical error

pirabee
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by pirabee » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:48 pm

My ICAO is DNCA, nice corner of this earth called Calabar in Nigeria.I fly outta there on daily routes to other stops in the country.But my best hops are long haul international flights. I sometimes hop the entire West African coastline, through the Canaries, to Portugal, Spain and the rest of Europe. I think the makers of FS9 should each be knighted or something.They did an awesome job.

FSX to me is a little bit of a disappointment. The stress of activation is just for starters.Then there is that watery inconsistency in the aircraft graphics-as against the Krupp steel firmness in FS9.The colors are also too garish.The view-keys and the panoramas they offer are weird and dont give the user as much freedom to look around as one has in FS9.

And some very elementary factors haven't yet been addressed in FSX. For instance,why is there no evidence of jet-wash? I could taxi my Cessna into the active just behind a B747 thundering for takeoff and its as calm as mill-pond. Secondly, I could be jetting along at 32thou in a Boeing and suddenly press Shift-E to open the main doors, and the effect is zilch.

I know this isnt a discussion on what one expects in the next version of FS, but I just thought to mention these edgewise. I do have tons more suggestions but think Microsoft had best employ me to hear 'em all. Im a fairly frequent air-traveler and can offer useful cues that would mightily enhance the As Real As It Gets feel.My email is pirabee@yahoo.com and I'd welcome a mail from MS.

Thanks. :wink:

skipperdan

Post by skipperdan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Pirabee:

I am afraid that your suggestions to Microsoft Corp will fall on deaf-ears because they have disolved their Flight Simulator Team.

We are all holding our breath waiting to see if someone else wants to pick up this fumble and run with it. 8) 8)

PS: I received a phone call Saturday night about 10:00 pm requesting that I work on the Ground Crew for another EAA Young Eagles event. Even though I dropped my EAA Membership, they still call me for these events. We provided free rides for about 45 Boy Scouts and then gave them a tour of our Control Tower.

I keep making plugs for the Young Eagles events because I want all of you young kids (ages 8 to 17) to get away from behind your computer desk and get into a real aircraft for a free ride. 8) 8)
I AM NOT A PILOT. I JUST LOVE AVIATION.

CAPTAIN--CIVIL AIR PATROL
...Emergency Services Training Officer
...Instructor at the Florida Wing Conference 2012.
...Mission Observer (front right seat)
...Air Operations Branch Director
...Flew several times in a Cessna 182 with G1000 (maintaining the MFD).
...Attended two day class conducted by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
...Completed training for Flight Line Marshall, Flight Release Officer, and Mission Radio Operator.

You should visit your local Civil Air Patrol Squadron and complete an application for membership.
Please watch this video that my son made of a Discovery Flight from Albert Whitted Airport (my home base). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMUg1jiCss
Please check out scenery that I helped develop for Albert Whitted Airport http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?query=KSPG&op=search&cid=
Check out this article in Air and Space Magazine concerning Albert Whitted Airport:
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/The-Airport-That-Wouldnt-Die.html