Attention!

Dealing with how to manipulate Flight Simulator software. Add-ons installations, utilities, errors, problems, etc..

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

Attention!

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:04 am

When downloading and installing the Fs9.1 update for Flightsimulator: a century of flight please be aware that if you are using FSUIPC you will need to have the latest version, if you are still using 3.30 Flight Simulator will error out and not run. So get on over to www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and get the latest version of FSUIPC whether you intend to upgrade FS or not. I have just installed the update (that's how I found out about the FSUIPC version error) and it is a definite improvement. Looks like Microsoft finally got on base, lets hope they keep it up.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:32 am

Thanks GS!!

Great tip! If it hadn't been for your prompt advice and wisdom, I would have d/l the update, clicked to install it (while salivating) and then began a slow, steady stream of profanities because it wasn't working!!!

Love the additions, exxpecially the bridges! Good on em!

Once again, thanks for the very helpful, and much needed advice!

Exx

skipperdan

Post by skipperdan » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:25 pm

Now for the obvious question that is on everybody's mind----If we download and install the new Patch, do we have to install CD4 every time or can we continue using the c r a c k CD file for FS9.exe?? 8)
I AM NOT A PILOT. I JUST LOVE AVIATION.

CAPTAIN--CIVIL AIR PATROL
...Emergency Services Training Officer
...Instructor at the Florida Wing Conference 2012.
...Mission Observer (front right seat)
...Air Operations Branch Director
...Flew several times in a Cessna 182 with G1000 (maintaining the MFD).
...Attended two day class conducted by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
...Completed training for Flight Line Marshall, Flight Release Officer, and Mission Radio Operator.

You should visit your local Civil Air Patrol Squadron and complete an application for membership.
Please watch this video that my son made of a Discovery Flight from Albert Whitted Airport (my home base). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMUg1jiCss
Please check out scenery that I helped develop for Albert Whitted Airport http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?query=KSPG&op=search&cid=
Check out this article in Air and Space Magazine concerning Albert Whitted Airport:
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/The-Airport-That-Wouldnt-Die.html

Maxell
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Maxell » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:35 pm

If you have used the no-CD patch, you will not be able to install the patch at all. The install will report an error, and exit. You will have to reinstall Flight Simulator, and then the 9,1 update. Then if you apply th patch, sither it will all work all right, or it will be back at 9.0 I am not too sure.

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:34 pm

All I did was get the latest version of FSUIPC, install the dll file, then do the upgrade and viola! No patch, no re-install. Might be different for other systems and depends on what add-ons you have installed. I had the CD4 patch installed and it didn't stop installation so...I would say don't worry about it. I think the patched FS9.exe is the same size as the original so that is why there was no error.

Check the MS site for stipulations and addendums. Quite thorough really.

Exx

Cobra Driver
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Cobra Driver » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:01 pm

If you still have the original fs9.exe file use it, and rename the NOCD patch to back-up PRIOR to installing MS patch. Then after patched with MS upgrade reverse the process.

If you dont have original fs9.exe, look for it on disc 1, place it in main directory and rename the NOCD patch backup, continue as above.

CD
Pugnare, Fornicare Au Mort

groundsquirrel

Personally,

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:03 am

I had no problem with the update once I installed the new version of FSUIPC everything went fine, all my addons function normally and the game performs flawlessly.

skipperdan

Post by skipperdan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:45 am

I can not get the update to install. I keep getting the following message:

PROCESSING:MODULES\Panels.DLL

I tried all of the following options but keep getting the same message:
1. Uninstalled Reality XP GPS software.
2. Renamed the files PANELS.DLL TO PANELS_BACKUP.DLL
3. Reinstalled the file FS9.exe from disk number 1

OOOOPS I just learned that we are supposed to read all of the instructions whenever we install an Update or Patch. I just read the paragraph that states that we may encounter problems with DLL files. After copying the file PANEL.DLL from CD number 2, I was able to complete a successful installation. I am a happy camper now except that I have to reinstall my Reality XP GPS software again. 8) 8)
Last edited by skipperdan on Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

...Completed training for Flight Line Marshall, Flight Release Officer, and Mission Radio Operator.

You should visit your local Civil Air Patrol Squadron and complete an application for membership.
Please watch this video that my son made of a Discovery Flight from Albert Whitted Airport (my home base). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMUg1jiCss
Please check out scenery that I helped develop for Albert Whitted Airport http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?query=KSPG&op=search&cid=
Check out this article in Air and Space Magazine concerning Albert Whitted Airport:

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:10 am

Try naming the file 'panel.dll to panel.original there Skipperdan. FS reads anything with a "dll" extension no matter what the front part of the file says. Give that a shot and it should work...oh...and you did install the latest version of FSUIPC first right?? :)

Exxman

zunflappie2
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by zunflappie2 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:58 pm

I have downloaded and installed this patch... but now i dont have any panels! And the ground-texture is awful! So i want to go back.

Problemly: the backup-file (that i made) is damaged !?!?!
So I cant go back!! I hate that!

Could someone tell me on which CD i can find the orginal OR can someone mail me the old file? I mean the FSUIPC.dll file from c:\program files\fs9\modules\ ...

Please help me. I dont want to reinstall again (i have fs9 now for 4 days.... ) :cry:

O yeah: my email is eddyerkelens#hetnet.nl (where you have to replace the # with a @ of course) :wink:

groundsquirrel

Okay, lets try this again.

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:12 pm

First, FSUIPC is available at www.schiratti.com/dowson.html you will be looking for the latest version. Once you have downloaded and extracted it, simply copy the fsuipc.dll into your main modules folder and answer yes to overwrite the old. As for uninstalling the update, there is an uninstaller in the main Fs9 folder that was put there by the patch during update. Once you have performed the uninstallation you will have to manually delete the backup folder that was created in the main Fs9 folder. That's it, patch is gone. I have done the install, had the fsuipc problem, performed the uninstall, deleted the backup, reinstalled new fsuipc, reinstalled patch and all with no problems, everything works as advertised. Also, contrary to the rumours flying around the web, the nocd patch is not affected. At least I havent been able to find any problems that would lead me to believe MS did anything to the executable code, seems more like just a performance and scenery upgrade to sooth the savage beasts i.e. flightsimmers. :wink:

zunflappie2
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by zunflappie2 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:59 pm

Thanks... this works (uninstaller).
Now i can fly again. I will search for a good method of installing the new fsupci.

skipperdan

Post by skipperdan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:15 pm

After installing the Patch, my Throttle cuts off after only about 30 or 40 seconds of flight. I move the throttle back and then the full throttle again which give me full throttle for only about another 30 or 40 seconds. I even recalibrated my Yoke and Rudders.

Is anybody else having this problem???

from groundsquirrel: negative, I am not having this problem.

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:48 pm

Do you calibrate your j/stick thru FSUIPC or externally Skipperdan?
Does it happen with all planes?
Do you have latest drivers for gaming device?

Sorry about all the questions man, only way to figure it out. I found that after I had installed SP2, and then this update...some things needed to be updated as well like monitor drivers, joystick/yoke, even the intellimouse??

Shout back when ya can...

Exxman

skipperdan

Post by skipperdan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:56 pm

I had the problem with two different aircraft. Even when I uninstalled the patch, I had the same problem. Therefore, I did a backup of important files, and I am getting ready to reinstall the software just to clean out the "stuff" that accumulates over time.

I just finished the Uninstall software and then deleted all of the folders that were still there. I am getting ready to defrag my "F" partition (dedicated to Flight Simulator) and then I plan to reinstall the base software and patch later today or tomorrow. 8)