FSX Default 737

Dealing with how to manipulate Flight Simulator software. Add-ons installations, utilities, errors, problems, etc..

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

bargione
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

FSX Default 737

Post by bargione » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:16 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the default 737 in FSX? I can't get the darn aircraft to turn left when using the heading dial. Right turns are not a problem.

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:25 pm

Have you tried to calibrate your joystick? Go to settions --> Controllers and the calibrate it.

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

pilot_alex_14
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by pilot_alex_14 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:33 pm

It also depends wht baring is closer so say ur flying at 360 and ur turning to like 180 it will use righ hand rule all the time if its going from 260-360 its left turn i have 0 problems cant complian

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:31 pm

is autopilot engaged? nav / hdg engaged? nav or gps selected? what range of heading does it happen with (181-360) or just left turn by hdg in general??? suppose you are flying hdg360, and you want to turn left to 270, does it turn left or right?? if you are flying HDG030 and you want to go to hdg180, does it turn left or right???
Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop
WINXP Home (sp3)
Intel Celeron M -- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1396 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Video: Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

redleader
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by redleader » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:17 pm

Yes, I have to agree. I'm having trouble locating the nav/gps hold botton on the 737. Can anyone help ? Also tha graphics's for exterior views of the aircraft are a little disappointing, passanger window are terrible.

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:10 pm

redleader wrote:Yes, I have to agree. I'm having trouble locating the nav/gps hold botton on the 737. Can anyone help ? Also tha graphics's for exterior views of the aircraft are a little disappointing, passanger window are terrible.
The NAV/GPS switch is just between the COURSE and the IAS/MACH displays on the autopilot.

Btw, try to turn up the "GLOBAL TEXTURE RESOLUTION" slider. Then everything will look better..

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

bargione
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by bargione » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:50 am

I figured out why it wasn't working. The guage serves a dual purpose. It controls turn angle as well as the heading. Someone who is as clumsy as I am with a mouse will have a hard time getting this guage to do what you need it to. I can't image this guage works the same in the real world. If anyone knows for sure, I'd sure like to know.

On another note, I have to say that I'm disappointed with FSX in general. The only person on earth that might have a computer powerful enough to take advantage of the graphics is Bill Gates. I'm even more disappointed with ATC. There's been no advances made with that at all. The most annoying thing is that every aircraft I've tried so far begins rolling the second it positions itself on the tarmac. If your not riding the breaks (while you wait 60 seconds for it to load) and happen to be at the terminal.......BAM!!! If there's a way to stop this from occuring, it's sure not obvious from any of the setting options available.

I can go on and on but will leave it at that for now. In the meantime, I guess I'll keep experimenting and wait on a patch or two.

P47Ace_007
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Still lousy ATC?

Post by P47Ace_007 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:25 am

Bargionne,

Is the ATC in FS X still as lousy as the one in 2004? In am hoping for major improvements with the ATC portion of FS. 2004's ATC was a good improvement over 2000's, but some much needs to be done in order to make ATC seem more realistic.

I can't still ATC clearing an airplane that is many miles away before aircraft that are only a few miles from the runway.

bargione
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by bargione » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:43 am

ATC in FSX is identical to FS9. In fact, it may have gotten worse now that they’ve added ground vehicles on the tarmac. Just today, I was cleared by ground control to taxi to the runway. I was chugging along when a fuel truck shot out from my left and decided to stop right on the taxiway. I came to a stop and waited a minute or so but it never got out of the way. I had to maneuver around it (on the grass) in order to continue towards the runway. One other problem I noticed today when flying the Airbus and B737 is once you’ve reached your assigned altitude during climb or decent and ATC clears you to proceed to your next altitude, if the vertical speed indicator has not reset to zero (i.e. it stays at + or - 1800 fpm), it does not re-engage as you adjust the altitude setting. You need to click on the vertical speed switch to get it started again.

BTW Behrentzs… your advice on global texture resolution slider was right on. It’s helped quite a bit.

Behrentzs
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by Behrentzs » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:50 pm

@ Bargione, np.

I have only found ONE new option to the ATC menu: Declare missed approch. Alse, the ATC is very identical to FS9 as said. Btw, havn't CPU enough to have ground vehicles, so don't have that prob :P ;)

Cheers
Behrentzs
JAA PPL Trainee

Tennis_Nick
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Tennis_Nick » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:40 pm

I didn'T tihnk declared missed approach was a NEW option in FSX. I've done it several times in FS2002...