Space shuttle flight

Dealing with how to manipulate Flight Simulator software. Add-ons installations, utilities, errors, problems, etc..

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, skipperdan

visualchaosfx
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Space shuttle flight

Post by visualchaosfx » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:13 pm

Why isn't a space shuttle launch added into the newest flight simulator game? I mean, isn't a shuttle launch an integral part of the history of flying?

pilot_alex_14
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by pilot_alex_14 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:38 pm

My bes guess is it wuld be complicated to do it, but ask captain sim :P

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:21 pm

i have not tried to integrate the scenery file for it, but SHUTTLELAUNCH06.ZIP here on surclaro.com might work in
FSX. If you need any help setting it up, let me know and ill walk you through it step by step
Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop
WINXP Home (sp3)
Intel Celeron M -- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1396 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Video: Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

visualchaosfx
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by visualchaosfx » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:25 pm

capt.PropwashKCHS wrote:i have not tried to integrate the scenery file for it, but SHUTTLELAUNCH06.ZIP here on surclaro.com might work in
FSX. If you need any help setting it up, let me know and ill walk you through it step by step
I don't have FSX. I was going to buy it but I figured its basically gonna be the samething as 2004 with the exception of FSX having some more features.

That shuttle launch file, do you actually go into space?

visualchaosfx
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by visualchaosfx » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:16 pm

I'm tryin to download this file and other files but I keep getting a:

There has been an error when trying to serve this file... this could be because:
1.-Our system failed to recognize you as logged in to SurClaro.com, this could be due that you have not allowed cookies from all our domains. Please be sure to allow cookies from "surclaro.com" and ALL it's subdomains and specially from "shared.surclaro.com"
2- You have tried to directly download this file... Always be sure to download any file by using the link provided on the download page, direct link downloads are not allowed.

I have cookies enabled and I am logged in so why can't I download files???

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

there must..

Post by groundsquirrel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 am

There must be some sort of firewall or adware blocker at work. What all are you using for security?
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

visualchaosfx
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Re: there must..

Post by visualchaosfx » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:52 am

groundsquirrel wrote:There must be some sort of firewall or adware blocker at work. What all are you using for security?
I'm using Trend Micro PC Cillin. But I even shut that off and I still get the same error message. Windows firewall is also disabled too. I've never had a problem like this before.

I've read through the FAQ's regarding the cookies thing for both browsers, followed the instructions, clicked a file to download and I still get the same error message. :evil:

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:37 am

Are you able to download from other sites?
Are you downloading from the download link that sentence #2 describes, rather than trying to download directly (whatever that means)? Best of luck with getting your hands on the files you want.
Have you seen an add-on around the net called "Nicks Shuttle Challenge" or something to that effect? It looked to me like a great Space Shuttle package for MSFS with a long approach into Florida. I'll have to look again to get my details right...should be easy to find though. Try Avsim, Simviation, etc.
Also, if you are really into space flight...have you heard of or tried 'Orbiter'? It's a totally freeware, totally awesome space flight sim, and there is a big add-on community for it too. New version just came out. Want a sneak peek - check out my 'Silver Surfer wip' thread in the 'Add on Developers' section of this Forum...the shots from space are from 'Orbiter'. Anyway, the whole world of 'Orbiter' is a rush, and well worth diving into if you're a space flight fan.

visualchaosfx
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by visualchaosfx » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:01 am

harkonnen wrote:Are you able to download from other sites?
Are you downloading from the download link that sentence #2 describes, rather than trying to download directly (whatever that means)? Best of luck with getting your hands on the files you want.
Have you seen an add-on around the net called "Nicks Shuttle Challenge" or something to that effect? It looked to me like a great Space Shuttle package for MSFS with a long approach into Florida. I'll have to look again to get my details right...should be easy to find though. Try Avsim, Simviation, etc.
Also, if you are really into space flight...have you heard of or tried 'Orbiter'? It's a totally freeware, totally awesome space flight sim, and there is a big add-on community for it too. New version just came out. Want a sneak peek - check out my 'Silver Surfer wip' thread in the 'Add on Developers' section of this Forum...the shots from space are from 'Orbiter'. Anyway, the whole world of 'Orbiter' is a rush, and well worth diving into if you're a space flight fan.
Yep. I've tried every download link thats available for the file I'm interested in and I still get the download error page. I can download from other sites but this is the only site I can't download from.

Why O why????? :cry:

tomcatdriver2006
SurClaro senior forum member

I have the file shuttlelaunch06, 5.4 MB read below

Post by tomcatdriver2006 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:05 am

If you want this file , email me tonight. I will email asap, 5+ mb
Tomca driver.

tomcatdriver2006

Chaos, the file is in you web mailbox.

Post by tomcatdriver2006 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 am

file is in your home yahoo account, nice vids!

visualchaosfx
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by visualchaosfx » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I still can't download any content from the download library though and I already sent an email to the adminstrators but I haven't heard anything. :cry:

capt.PropwashKCHS
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by capt.PropwashKCHS » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:30 am

good luck with the Admin. he's been AWOL for almost 8 months with no sign of returning.
Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop
WINXP Home (sp3)
Intel Celeron M -- Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1396 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,280.00 MB
Video: Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio