How do you take a screen Shot???

Dealing with how to manipulate Flight Simulator software. Add-ons installations, utilities, errors, problems, etc..

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster, gbesoain, Cat1, skipperdan

kane35
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

How do you take a screen Shot???

Post by kane35 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:46 pm

hey every1 just got a real quick question How do you take a screen Shot??? :lol:

flyrcoyle

Post by flyrcoyle » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:41 pm

one of the simplest ways to take a screenshot is just to hit the PrintScreen button on your keyboard. You will then have to go to paint and hit ctrl+v and save it as anything you like before you can take another. There are some freeware programs out there that will do everything automatically once you press a certain 'hotkey' though. one of the places I found to download these is ZDnet.com
Robert S. Coyle

skipperdan
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by skipperdan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:32 am

Two nice freeware program are:

FSSCREEN
SCREENSHOOTER

Do a search on your favorite Flight Simulator websites and you are sure to find them. 8)
I AM NOT A PILOT. I JUST LOVE AVIATION.

CAPTAIN--CIVIL AIR PATROL
...Emergency Services Training Officer
...Instructor at the Florida Wing Conference 2012.
...Mission Observer (front right seat)
...Air Operations Branch Director
...Flew several times in a Cessna 182 with G1000 (maintaining the MFD).
...Attended two day class conducted by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
...Completed training for Flight Line Marshall, Flight Release Officer, and Mission Radio Operator.

You should visit your local Civil Air Patrol Squadron and complete an application for membership.
Please watch this video that my son made of a Discovery Flight from Albert Whitted Airport (my home base). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMUg1jiCss
Please check out scenery that I helped develop for Albert Whitted Airport http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?query=KSPG&op=search&cid=
Check out this article in Air and Space Magazine concerning Albert Whitted Airport:
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/The-Airport-That-Wouldnt-Die.html

Rhythmosaur
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member
Location: Oppenheim (EDGP) / Germany (near EDDF Frankfurt/Main)

Post by Rhythmosaur » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:10 am

The way I do it is with Irvan View. I am not quite sure but I believe it is freeware.

Run Irvan View, go to Options and hit screenshots or photograph (I got a German version!). Select a hotkey (mine is CTRL+F11). Check "Client Window", define format (gif, bmp, jpg whatever), tell it where to put the screenshots and hit start. Then run FS and go to window mode while flying (otherwise the hotkey will not work!) When you now hit your hotkey, Irvan View will take a screenshot in any format you predefined WITHOUT showing the window frame. You even got the option to hide/unhide the mouse cursor if you need it. Irvan view also allows cut and past actions as well as filling in text. Good examples for that you will find in my Lago Roaring Thirties review where I filled some text to a map screenshot. Those screenshots are in .jpg format.

The Rhythmosaur

Pillead

Post by Pillead » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:04 pm

the way I do it is using paint shop pro, an easly crackable excellent paint programme available everywhere on trial and I just set up a hot key.
Seize the day before it seizes you!

ricktobin

Post by ricktobin » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:39 pm

I have Paint Shop Pro 8...

If your using this program and don't know how to set it up to take a screen shot, here's how:

Open up PSP and click on FILE, IMPORT, SCREEN CAPTURE, SETUP. This will open up the CAPTURE SETUP window. In the CAPTURE option, choose CLIENT. In the Activate Capture option setup a hotkey to activate the screen capture. Click OK.

Click on FILE, IMPORT, SCREEN CAPTURE, START. The PSP program will minimize then you can go fly.

At anytime during your flight you want to take a picture, I suggest trying it out while your still on the ground first at the gate, hit the hotkey you assigned. Once you hit the hotkey, PSP will open up and you'll see your picture. While PSP is open and your looking at your picture, your plane is still flying unless you paused it first. Anything visible on the screen when you take the screen shot will be visible on your picture ie, ATC window, A/C tags, or the shift-Z data lines.

Lemur
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

video capturing

Post by Lemur » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:27 pm

HI!
I always use Screen VidShot:
http://geovid.com/Screen_VidShot/
This program takes VIDEO screen captures instead only piture. Very useful ptogram for creation any demos, video tutorials, presentations etc.
Try it and you will not regred.[/url]

09El_Boissevain
Addict to SurClaro
Addict to SurClaro

Post by 09El_Boissevain » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:41 pm

Thank you all for the small, but giant help!!

need4speed
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

dedicated screenshot website

Post by need4speed » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Take-a-Screenshot is your friend :)

DanielSmith
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by DanielSmith » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:54 am

i have been using ACA Screen capture for a long time, hope it would work for you!

Red1530

Post by Red1530 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Rhythmosaur wrote:The way I do it is with Irvan View. I am not quite sure but I believe it is freeware.
You are correct. It is freeware.
Hear of an incident involving aircraft? Report it to the Aviation Mishaps thread.