TIRED OF DEFAULT PLANES?

FS2002 and FS2004 AI features, doubts, setups, experiences exchange, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

specter1065
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

TIRED OF DEFAULT PLANES?

Post by specter1065 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:02 am

hello again...
i read somewhere never to delete the default airlines in fs9...so i did'nt...what i did do was swap textures and fiddled with the aircraft config files and Viola!!...no more landmark..pacifica..world travel..Ect....aint i sneeky?...lol...also i used TTOOls to alter the flights from the REALUSA download available on the archive....had to search for AC#'s in the default files....and paste them into the new flightplan.txt i got with the dwnld..then i deleted the default file recompiled the bgl and BAM!!!.....come fly the friendly skies.....i also deleted the Air afrique and ATA...who are they?..i know not.....and replaced them with some other A/C.....did i do it the hard way?
Specter

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:13 am

To be honest, that is an approach, that probably many may not have thought of.

There are easier ways. But I like that you took the time to do what you did. And you got it right, without asking for help.

If your willing to go thru doing it that way, understand what your doing, and can do it, then I can't say if it's the hard way or not. It really depends on the person, and their willing to find out how to make it work, to their preference.

You did good, congrats.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

specter1065
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

yaaay!!!

Post by specter1065 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:07 am

woohoo!!!
(does a happy dance) :P

Cat1

Post by Cat1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Just a bit of information...
ATA is a fairly large airline with its hubs located in Oakland, CA and Chicago Midway. The serve 40 cities mostly across the coastal US states and inland cities, looks like the fly to Hawaii quite a bit and they also serve a one city in Mexico.

Air Afrique folded and ceased its operation in 2001. Must not have been caught up in the Sim.
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/