PAI traffic-file question!

FS2002 and FS2004 AI features, doubts, setups, experiences exchange, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

Jort
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

PAI traffic-file question!

Post by Jort » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:12 pm

Recently I discovered the wonderful world of PAI; with the PAI installer (V2.5) I implemented several new airlines including their flighplans etc.
I noticed that the installer produces a new "Traffic-file" (traffic_pai.bgl) next to the original "traffic030528.bgl" file. Untill now I am not very certain whether the program is using the newly produced PAI-traffic file or that it is still using the original one. Is there any way to tell? Could it be that as long as the original file is still present, it will keep on using that one? maybe then I have to remove the original traffic file, or are they both used simultaneously?

Thanx for your help, its very much appreciated!

cheers

SpectroPro

Post by SpectroPro » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:23 pm

fs9 has the ability to use every bgl file that available to it. I have over 200 in my folder as I did every airline in a seperate bgl file. No special reason, just happens to be how I did it this install. (yeah, THIS install..don't ask..hehe)

So the simple answer to your question: YES, it sees and uses both of them.

- Greg

Rhythmosaur
SurClaro senior forum member
Location: Oppenheim (EDGP) / Germany (near EDDF Frankfurt/Main)

Post by Rhythmosaur » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:25 am

In addition, if you use some of the default traffic packages PAI offers (for example the GA one that provides realistic Tailnumbers, default vintage aircraft and so on), that manages the default aircraft, you should erase the default bgl file (back it up CHANGEING the EXTENTION bgl to something different, like bgx). Otherwise, you would have the double amonth of default traffic, and this would be problematic with some weaker processors.

The Rhythmosaur

groundsquirrel
Forum Moderator - Master member

And in case you are not comfortable with deleting files,

Post by groundsquirrel » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:12 pm

PAI also has two very handy files, one is to remove the default AI and the other is to remove the default GA AI. I used these and then installed PAI's AI for airlines and GA with no problems or conflicts or missing files.

When I want to modify the flight times for what is there, I use TTools. By easing up the flight schedules just a bit I was able to improve my game performance around major hubs. This allows a bit more fine tuning than just using the traffic slider in the settings.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

Rhythmosaur

Post by Rhythmosaur » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:26 am

Exactly. They are called deinstallers and only deinstall a certain type of default aircraft. There's one deinstaller for every type.

But if you already changed something in the Aircraft_PAI.txt file, you better back it up before you do it. I'm not quite sure, but I think it looks for the default # numbers and erases the planes affected to it. If you made a default Piper #120 for any reason and a posky 747 #5, it probably erases the Posky and leaves the Piper.

The Rhythmosaur

Jort
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Jort » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:33 pm

Thanks a lot guys..!
I might just try the uninstaller for AI traffic aswell..

Cobra Driver
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Cobra Driver » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:36 pm

Question about the .bgl files....I noticed above comment on 200 files. Well I have 8181 files, and they r not in the same directories. I have D/L AI A/C and the PAI add-on.

I don't notice as much traffic as I would like, and none of the AI A/C I have D/L. (UPS, American, Hooters, Jet Blue, United, Southwest) Which is why I am confused, BGL's activate AI right? So where r my ppl's?

These r some of the files I got in my search. They r in an FS9 dir:

addon scenary\scenary
scenarycache\fs_disc4_same\scenary
scenary\eure\scenary
addon scenary\honolulu\scenary
addon scenary\waikato carrier 2004\scenary
scenary\base\scenary

The above are part of FS9 dir. And then some just say:

Salvador/scenary
Waikato carrier2004/scenary
honolulu/scenary
fortaleza_br/for3_city/scenary
addon scenary/carriers 2004/scenary

No drive or any info in front of the file

So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Let me have it...I'm ready

Thanx for your help

Cobra Driver

BTW I aint D/L anything else till I figure this mess out
Pugnare, Fornicare Au Mort

ricktobin

Post by ricktobin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:54 pm

Hey Cobra Driver, not sure if you already checked it out or not but look at this thread and read the post I have there. If this doesn't help, let me know.

http://forums.surclaro.com/ftopic998.html

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what got you to where you are not knowing what AI programs you have installed or what route you took to install them.

Not seeing as much AI traffic as you'd like could be a simple problem with your flight plans, traffic files, or airport files.

Cobra Driver
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Cobra Driver » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:13 pm

Leaving for work in a bit. When I get back tonight I'll go to work on that.

Thanx
Pugnare, Fornicare Au Mort

Rhythmosaur

Post by Rhythmosaur » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:17 pm

To the point of your question:
I think SpectraPro pointed it out somewere: FS recognizes every .bgl that contains the word TRAFFIC in its name (e.g. RhythmoMagic_Traffic_001.bgl) in this particullar folder as a traffic file. The other .bgls have other functions. Most of them you saw make sceneries and ground surfaces.

They are compiled and need special tools to get unpacked and edited.