World of AI

FS2002 and FS2004 AI features, doubts, setups, experiences exchange, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

World of AI

Post by youns » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi everyone, I really don't know if this has been adressed before because I couldnt find a thread about it but here it comes.

I recently tried to install this software (WOAI) supposedly allowing me to download AI a/c but i'm having issues here and I'm really not sure what to do (i have downloaded the required Microsoft.net framework. 2.0 thing) There is a bunch of files to unzip and I really don't know where to unzip them especially that one (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib), the readme.txt file and the tutorials on youtube only cover the install of AI but not the install of the installer so to speak... I've tried their forums and they don't say sqwat... Any one of help?
Attachments
WOAI.jpg
This is the error message I get when trying to install AI
WOAI1.jpg
I don't know what to do with all those files

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by mel wilson » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

I have a FSim tools folder on my desktop, amongs other things in there, is the complete set of files for WOAI Installer, it works just fine from there...

Once you have found an AI download from their site, save it to an AI folder, so you know where to find it.

Run the WOAI installer, and navigate to where you saved the zip file, (DO NOT UNZIP IT) the installer does everything, just tell it where your main FS9 is, and job done.

Mel.
Attachments
01-29-2009_19-50-09.jpg
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by youns » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:07 pm

I have done so Sir...

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:16 pm

youns wrote:I have done so Sir...
AND ?

Back to basics:

1) Create a folder on your desktop, and name it "Flight Sim Tools".

2) Inside this folder, create another, and name it "AI Traffic".

3) Download the WOAI installer, and unzip into the new Flight Sim Tools Folder................ That part is done !

4) Go to the WOAI Web Site, and choose which package you need. Click on it, and it will redirect you to Avsim.com.

5) Download the zip file into your new AI Traffic Folder, inside your new Flight Sim Tools Folder.............. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UNZIP IT !

6) Now go back to your WOAI installer, click and run the prog. Hit "Next", this will take you to an option box, where it says "Target: it should read "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004". Now for the bottom option, using the button on the right, navigate to your FS9 Main Folder, DO NOT GO INSIDE IT. You should now see Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator9\, thats it.

7) Click Next, and then navigate back to where you saved your zip file from Avsim... IE: inside your Flight Sim Tools Folder/AI Traffic.

From there, just keep following the prompts, it's installed automatically, nothing else left to do... it activates TTools, and the flight plans are updated, and the aircraft are installed.

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

youns
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by youns » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks for the advice Mel it worked... :D

Glad to have been of service :wink: Mel.