Any other way to plot AI flight plans?

FS2002 and FS2004 AI features, doubts, setups, experiences exchange, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

Haun
SurClaro senior forum member

Any other way to plot AI flight plans?

Post by Haun » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:58 pm

I am using AI flight planner, a good piece of software, but forever i have wanted to make planes circle a specific area at a specific time.

Now in FSX Acceleration missions, there is a mission that involves you flying in a heli, tailing a suspect plane. I flew (and failed) this mission, but i noticed that the plane turned a specific places.

Is this a product of mission scripting, or AI flight path.

Since i work in Millitary AI, it would be nice if 2 planes flew around each other.
example:
a tanker plane, and a fighter, or a pair of fighters doing a patrol,

if you know of a way to plot AI plans based on positions, I would greatly appreciate that knowledge.

Thanks!

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:25 pm

The AI in the missions are scripted, as you guessed. If you want your AI to do specific routes, you will need to write your own missions, and fly it.

Otherwise, there is no way to "script" the flight path as your trying to do. It would be a nice feature to have though.

You can try and get your tanker / fighter to fly together. However, their route may be off just a tad. You'll have to play with the time settings, so the tanker starts up before the fighter. Remember though, they power up at the time setting, and not necessarily take off. This is where you will have to play with the time coordination.

RD
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

Haun

Post by Haun » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:09 pm

ya. timings a b!%(#. Oh well. It would be nice if there was a program that would do that for you. That would be enough

Oh well