Problem with ai planes leaving gates at same time

FS2002 and FS2004 AI features, doubts, setups, experiences exchange, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

steinmtd
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Problem with ai planes leaving gates at same time

Post by steinmtd » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:11 am

Hello,

I have noticed that whenever I start up a flight, all AI traffic is at the gates, but within seconds about a quarter of the planes begin to pushback and taxi for takeoff. What is odd is that there is no AI traffic on the taxiways and there aren't any AI planes taking off or landing when I first start up. Is there a way to fix this, so that when I enter the "world", AI traffic will already be doing normal operations, and not just be at the gates?

If it helps, I used World of AI to download the installer and all the AI Airline packages.

Also, I looked to see if this had been discussed before but couldn't find anything. If it has, a link to the existing discussion would suffice.

Thanks!

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:24 am

Could be multiple problems with what your seeing. If you made multiple entries into the traffic.bgl, then you'll have what your seeing.

Since I can't see what you have on your system, it's almost impossible to fix. But, you could try flying from different time zones, and see if that helps. Otherwise, your going to have to edit the flight times using TTools to spread out the activity, or delete some the multiple entries.
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

groundsquirrel

yep

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:31 am

I tend to agree, it could be multiple traffic bgls. Go to your scenery/world/scenery folder and make a note of what traffic bgls you have. They are usually near the bottom of the file list.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.

steinmtd
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by steinmtd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:19 am

Yeah, you're right about there being multiple traffic bgls. I have a traffic.bgl for each of the AI airlines I have downloaded and installed.

Do I need to proceed using TTools? I've only glanced at this program, so what do I need to do to get rid of the multiple traffic bgls?

rd

Post by rd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:28 am

You can either get rid of some the traffic.bgl's, or use TTools to edit out some of the entries, or change the timings of those entries (as in when they take off).

With out being able to see what you have in entries for each and all .bgl's, it's hard to say what to do.

If one traffic .bgl has 10 entries for that a/p, then you have the choice of deleting half of them, or changing the times they fly.

Right now, you have a few choices, and I can't guess what you do and don't like, as well, how populated you want your gates.
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

groundsquirrel

hold on there partner...

Post by groundsquirrel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Au contraire, mon ami. Get and study Ttools Companion, it is a utility for merging your traffic files and analyzing for flight plan errors.
Gravity ... it's an Earth thing.