will fs2004 ai traffic products work in fsx?

FS2002 and FS2004 AI features, doubts, setups, experiences exchange, etc...

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

josh1780
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

will fs2004 ai traffic products work in fsx?

Post by josh1780 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:09 am

Which fs2004 ai traffic products work in flight simulator x?

crazydunc
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by crazydunc » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:59 pm

josh,
yea in theroy. but beware, AFCADs may not work wit new scenery etc so i would steer clear of FS9 AFCAD including file at them moment, dunno havent really tested that part which is silly cos its wat i do! lol. but yea flight plans seem to work but i would download reggie fields FSX Airport Dump list from www.avsim.net and compare ICAOs because there were some changes from FS9 for FSX. or ya could send me ova the files and ill look at them 4 ya. (Flightplan sections that is)

hope this helps
Dunc

vRAF

ricktobin
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by ricktobin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:56 pm

A reliable member of ProjectAI wrote:During the beta we thought that some of AFCAD would be able to work in FSX but after release this is some of the problems I have noted.

The FSX world scenery has moved a few meters. If you copy a FS9 AFCAD into FSX nothing will align properly. That is the first problem.

In order to see additional problems you must

Set the slider for Airport vehicle Density to Maximum
Set the slider for Scenery Complexity to Extremely Dense

1. Control Tower is now gone if the airport has one
2. Any Red Blast fence that sits on the airport or is part of the parking ramp is gone.
3. All Airport Buildings are in the wrong place based on the af2_xxxx.bgl that was made with FS9.
4. All Taxiway signs no longer align and some are sitting in the middle of the runway. Most windsocks are on the runway also.
5. All the ILS GUIDS are no longer aligned with the threshold of the runways including the antenna buildings
6. Many airport buildings are sitting on taxiways.
7. Ground traffic tracks cause vehicles to drive right through buildings and on the grass textures
8. Airplane parking stands misaligned
9. etc.

These are just a few of the visuals that no longer align or have been removed by AFCAD.

If by chance a Airport has updated freq's, changed runway numbers, night apron lighing, changes ILS Navdata, etc. this is the unseen scenery and AFCAD blocks this and replaces the default FSX data back to what FS9 had.

Also if someone tries to update a more complex scenery airport (using a FS9 AFCAD) like KATL, EHAM, etc., all the default animated Jetways are removed. This is because FSX links the Jetways to the parking spot and AFCAD knows nothing about that type parking spot or its XML data.

Reggie has the new data for parking spot radius which has changed.

If you see a AFCAD show up as a download it probably will not work. Some already are working on FS9 AFCAD's copied into FSX for uploading. Be careful if you start downloading these AFCAD airports.

...so, I'd say no, not yet anyway. Rest assured it's being worked on though.

crazydunc

Post by crazydunc » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:08 pm

lol. haha . listen to rick, lol. hes the intelligent one! lol. sorry dude kinda mis read your post, use any ones which come without AFCADS or dont use the afcads supllied and as i said earlier you might wanna check ICAOs for changes etc.
Do you concur rick?

cheers
Dunc

vRAF

josh1780
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by josh1780 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:02 am

Thanks for the help all of you.

skycolors.com
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by skycolors.com » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:16 pm

FS9 AI aircraft and flightplans compiled with TTools should all work. I've placed them all from FS9 into FSX and they fly fine.

Claudio
Aircraft Repaints & Afcad Sceneries - SKYCOLORS TEAM

pilot_alex_14
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by pilot_alex_14 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:08 pm

Yes and to fix the AFCAD there is a program on avsim that makes it into the fsx format so they all work :D

skycolors.com
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by skycolors.com » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:20 pm

pilot_alex_14

Post by pilot_alex_14 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:26 pm

the name is Convert FS2004 AFCADS to FSX Format just view catagory and its 2-3rd 1 down