game puasing for screenshot

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

game puasing for screenshot

Post by bluetop » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:07 pm

o.k. again with the questions,when I use my screen capture program fs2002 pauses and the scenery looks rough and "bitty" or blurry. is there a way to avoid this? I'm running macafee and spysweeper,maybe shutting these off would help.also what system information do i need to send in order to see what needs to be upgraded. thanks...I'm a much better guitar player than flight simmer but a least I get paid to teach and play....p38's forever!

Commander Cool
SurClaro senior forum member
SurClaro senior forum member

Post by Commander Cool » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:28 pm

From what you are saying i'd guess that maybe your display settings are a little too high for your computer to handle which could possibly be causing your "blurred scenery".
Hey no fair, how come you can play guitar and it took me a year to try and learn it then I gave up because I left music at school, well when I say music, my buds and I sat in the sound booth smashing polo mints off the drum sets. FYI, polo mints make the best ammo to hit off drums, just place the polo on the drum and hit it square with the drum stick and it will shatter into a kazillion pieces, unfortunately my polo smashin days were cut shorts when a shard smacked me in the eye and my friend up his nostril.
I think i'm getting off topic. But once again I believe that maybe reducing your settings would work. Even just a little.
Derek
The good thing about being a pessimist is that your always being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Linebacker Derek Connor #98
Glasgow Tigers

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

display

Post by bluetop » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:24 pm

o.k i'll lower the settings but i really like how it looks now. my video card is 64 mb,would a better one help? as far as guitar I guess when I started back in junior high,I was lucky to meet a friend who the late 60's early 70's [yea i'm an old fart] had been a little too good too, and once I heard a distorted electric guitar it was all over. those pints sound painful!

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

mint!

Post by bluetop » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:25 pm

oh i meant mints

skipperdan
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by skipperdan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:54 pm

Hey there youngster, while you were learning how to talk to girls on the phone in Junior High School, I was graduating from college and then doing push-ups at US Marine Corps Basic Training. 8) 8)
I AM NOT A PILOT. I JUST LOVE AVIATION.

CAPTAIN--CIVIL AIR PATROL
...Emergency Services Training Officer
...Instructor at the Florida Wing Conference 2012.
...Mission Observer (front right seat)
...Air Operations Branch Director
...Flew several times in a Cessna 182 with G1000 (maintaining the MFD).
...Attended two day class conducted by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
...Completed training for Flight Line Marshall, Flight Release Officer, and Mission Radio Operator.

You should visit your local Civil Air Patrol Squadron and complete an application for membership.
Please watch this video that my son made of a Discovery Flight from Albert Whitted Airport (my home base). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMUg1jiCss
Please check out scenery that I helped develop for Albert Whitted Airport http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?query=KSPG&op=search&cid=
Check out this article in Air and Space Magazine concerning Albert Whitted Airport:
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/The-Airport-That-Wouldnt-Die.html

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

aaaaarrrgh!

Post by bluetop » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:34 am

first of all you guys in the marines are the real deal..sometimes a little craziness is a GOOD thing. o.k i'm getting driven crazy by this computer,i think its just not up to snuff,heres my specs -o.s. windows xp pro,5.1 sevice pack,memory 256 mb,processor intel 1700 mhz. chaintech 64 mb video card. i dont know if thats enough info....this is a computer built by me for a friend,is it worth fixing up or should i just buy a $300.00 dell? We used to have a great airshow here in frederick maryland,lots of ww2 warbirds. apparently our mayor[the previous one was a helicoptor pilot] didn't like airplanes very much and the rise in fuel prices didn't help either. real shame too, this one corsair and yak3 were incredible. o.k thanks for all the help. later

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:05 am

Not to be too far behind you in age there Skip...or Bluetop... :)

Don't go with a Dell 'off the shell system'. Yes, your current rig cannot be updated to spec without massive costs attached. But...(there is always that clause isn't there?), you can purchase parts, put them together or have them put together for a little bit more than your figure posted. What do you have to do to achieve that? Simple. Put the amount of $$ you would like to spend on a new/upgraded system here...and watch the Surclaro gang come to aid!

You will be pleasantly surprised...and save a ton of cash and headaches!

Exx

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

upgrade

Post by bluetop » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:11 am

sounds good to me but it's going to take some time to get all the cash. 300 dollers or less is a good figure. so what would be a good first step for about 100?

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:18 am

wait for the 300 then. $100 will get you parts of a problem. 300? You can get a brand new CPU and Motherboard with some cheap ram. Then you need to upgrade your vid card (100-250). But...you can make do with your card that you have...just don't expect stellar results. Shop around. Check out some sites such as newegg, Tigerdirect and various gaming sites for more info. Awareness is half the battle, and you are well on your way to defeating that portion of it!

Hope that helps.

Exx

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

patience is a virtue

Post by bluetop » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:50 am

good advice, might as well have the bucks rather than go halfway. guess Ill just lower the settings for now,well the game was a bargain anyway.

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:48 am

I've read here and there that cheap RAM is a bad idea, but if 512 mb is 512 mb and it works fine I guess you can save money there. I have seen cheaper motherboards now (a socket 939 pci-x board and a 128mb pci-x 6600 or 6800GT video card could be had for around$200+) Maybe an AMD Sempron or better for a less expensive CPU. I'm in the same boat, eagerly anticipating upgrading from a PIII 550!

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

anticipation

Post by bluetop » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:07 am

yea I'm eager to get a new computer...should be great....I just got my radio transmitter back and i'm hoping to get a few flights in on my electric r/c trainer,then I have a mustang I"ve been salivating to get in the air, happy trails......