can't start engines on b17fab

Comments, Bugs, doubts, help or anything related.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

can't start engines on b17fab

Post by bluetop » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:35 am

hey there,I downloaded and installed the b17fab.zip. I'm using fs2002 and I can get the props to turn over,smoke comes out,then the engines stop. I wonder if I can do anything in the cfg or air file to fix this. thanks

Exxman

Post by Exxman » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:07 am

Sounds like the fuel pumps aren't turned on...check for that.

Exx

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

what fuel pump?

Post by bluetop » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:25 am

ok i looked all over the panel and in the help section,there is no command to turn on the fuel pump.all the other planes are already started and i can turn all the engines on and off with the autostart key command. any other ideas?

brettr10
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by brettr10 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:48 am

Sounds like perhaps you are running from a saved flight and the plane is out of fuel..check your fuel status. Sometimes if you've saved a flight with a different aircraft and then use a different one on startup the tanks that the previous aircraft used are different to the new one. Leaving the selected aircraft with empty tanks.

See if that works.

Brett

bluetop
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

i give up

Post by bluetop » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:14 pm

no the saved flight wasnt it either. I also discovered that several other boeings suddenly had engine sounds but would not move at all. so i deleted the fab b17 and may have to uninstall and reinstall fs2002. So think twice about downloading and using this file[b17fab.zip] it seems to be a poison pill,in my computer anyway.