Solano community Avation

Real aviation pilots chats

Moderators: rd, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

Jrtec13
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Solano community Avation

Post by Jrtec13 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:41 am

Was just wondering if anyone on this site has heard anything good or bad about Solano community college aeronautics department? Thinking about taking the program when I graduate from high school next June.

http://www.scc-careertech.com/aeronautics.htm

Cat1
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by Cat1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:39 pm

You didn't say which program you were looking at, and there are three.
I have never heard of them, contact them and see where they have placed folks in the past.
I would also recommend a call to the local testing division of the FAA to see if they have any issues with the school.

This level of course work will get you looked at, from a resume' stand point especially if you graduate. I am biased with this statement, don't forget about the Military option. I know it may sound strange but the training is free, you get equal to or better training than you normally would in the civilian market. Also you have more time to gain and prove skills with Military training, then again you may also develop some bad habits.

This is kind of a joke... "Working conditions are clean, well– lighted, and attractive."
I have never heard of a back shop described as "attractive".

Qualifier... Ex-U.S. Navy Aviation Electrician, now Sr. Avionics/ Electrical Engineer with 5 other Electrical Engineers working for me.
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/

Jrtec13
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by Jrtec13 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 am

I was thinking of getting into powerplant maintence actually, sorry forgot to post that part, but I will do like you asked...

Thank you.