I Think I can - I thought I Could ?????????????

Real aviation pilots chats

Moderators: rd, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, Insured Disaster

JetRanger
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

I Think I can - I thought I Could ?????????????

Post by JetRanger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 am

#-o :lol: #-o :lol: #-o =D> Ok - I myself ain't the Brightest lite bulb on ther planet, but Gesshh, whatever happened to common sense,, Either this Idiot at 65 yrs.old was genuinly Stupid, or Lacked actual True Piloting Skills to begin with and had more money than sense, which has happened a lot these last few years, evidently this Bozo did take into Account the Pacific Head Winds, nor the type of Aircraft he was flying, couldn't compute just how much fuel his engines typically consume nor the weight of his Aircraft for the amount of Distance he planned on Flying - in my opinion,, theres too many people who attempt to get into Aviation, that have too much money,(more money than common sense), and Do Not Take Flying / Aviation Seriously or the Mechanics of Aviation seriously and attempt to treat Flying / Aviation about like many of these New so Called Biker / Harley Riders, who don't even own a Wrench and don't possess any type of real Mechanical Skills at all, but totally Rely on the dealership or some other backyard Venue to Fix their Ride. Anymore I see people getting into these serious Venues like Flying/ Harleys because its a "FAD" and they want to look Cool and be Hip and Show off, yet they know not a *beep* thing about the Sport / Hobby they are getting into - other than it looks Fun and want to Impress their friends & family and co-workers, they Don't subscribe to any Related magazines, not members of any web sites, they have hardly any type of true Mechanical Tools in their garages, other than a broom and a weed eater, Yet , because they have "MONEY", they Think they can do most anything they desire successfully. Well, I'm here to tell Ya ~ Pilgrams - Flying ain't one of Em', and I don't care how much money your worth, or think your Worth, Flying and Aviation is very Serious Business, and IF you Don't take it Serious, you could easily Jepordize your life and many many others, Flying & Aviation is an "ART" that Requires that you Constantly stay up on your Aircraft, rather it be a Fixed Wing Aircraft or a Helicopter / Whirly Bird, makes no difference - Both must be Constantly properly Maintained to its fullest at all times both Pre Flight and Post Flight with NO Exceptions !! The last few Years, I've seen way too many people get into Aviation, with No Real Knowledge or true common sense about Aviation, and treat this type of Venue as if it were like a Harley, they are able to Shine the *beep* thing, but can't actually Work on it nor can they properly OPERATE the Machine like its supposed to be properly operated, but it looks good and Impresses their Friends and colleagues and makes them feel "Special". Well, I don't know just How "Special" your gonna feel when your Aircraft goes down in some Sub Division, or Office park and take out 15 -20 people or more and do untold Multi-Millions of dollars worth of Damage and put lives at Risk, all because you wanted to Feel Special, and don't take what your doing Seriously Enough to Warrant what your doing and into !!!! My Father who is Now 81 yrs. old has flown for "50" Years - and has Never had an incident in his 1965 cessna 172, yet he's got tons of flying magazines around and books and photos and always had tools to work on his Aircraft which he always kept Hangared, and I for 23 Years as aLong Haul over the road Truck Driver (18 Wheelers), never in 23 years had any type of Accident or mishap, ( came close a few times tho), but every since I was a kid I wanted to drive the Big Rigs with Chrome, and before I cold drive I had to learn to work on them by turning Wrenches and learn ther Mechanics of how & what makes them run, so I was a grease monkey on big trucks before I was allowed to drive them, so in case I broke down out on the open road I would at least have some real knowledge of what was wrong and could fix it if need be. Today, very few people know how to fix anything, its all Glamour & showman ship, no real deep knowledge of anything but just the Bare Basics, enough to get by, and this News Article as far as I'm concerened is a Prime Example of just that !!! Enjoy the Article - The JetRanger. Breaking News Article ---------} http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/08/us/hawaii-...?hpt=hp_t2 =D> =D> =D> =D>
Attachments
470plane_wideweb__470x299,0.jpg