How can I...

Share your experience, or get help from the experienced ones.

Moderators: mel wilson, rd, Cat1, ricktobin, gbesoain, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

jmaner42
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

How can I...

Post by jmaner42 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 am

Hello everyone. :)

i am working on making scenery for my local airport, Burnet Craddock Muni (Burnet Municipal Kate Craddock Field) (KBMQ) with Exclude Build, RWY12 and AFCAD 2. But, there are of the default hangar buildings that aren't included in RWY12 that are perfect for my airport. Is there a way i can import the default fs2004 buildings into RWY12? or is there a way i can enter long. lat. and make a building there?

i also have airport design editor, which includes elements of afcad, but also allows you to insert default fs2004 buildings and navaids. but, when i try to open burnet, it doesn't work!!!!! #-o if i could use airport design editor, i could use it to make that default hangar, but that doesn't seem to be happening. i've even unistalled, and it still won't work!! i have all the proper framework installed and everything!!!

so, if i haven't completely confused you by now, i would appreciate some help from anyone who knows what they're talking about!! :lol:

thanks, jmaner42

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member
Forum Moderator - Master member

Re: How can I...

Post by mel wilson » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi jmaner, welcome to SurClaro, sit tight buddy i'm sure our Wiz Kid will have the answer for you, he will no doubt pick this up.

Mel.

http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

harkgoddammit
SurClaro.com Regular Forum Member

Post by harkgoddammit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Hiya jmaner, welcome. Have you ever tried your hand at placing any scenery objects in FS with the BGLcomp program that is part of the BGLcomp SDK that is available? it's pretty easy, and you can place default library objects with this method. Once you follow easy instruction on how to use simple .XML files to determine lat. long, hdng, alt, etc., you can select the object of your choice. Half the battle with default objects is figuring out what the unique I.D.numbers are for the object you want, as that's how .XML calls up the piece, by it's number from a list of default objects. Let me look for the tutorial or two on this that spells it out, & then you can decide if the method's for you. It is pretty simple, you just need to pay attention to the process, details, etc. Maybe see if you can find the BGLcomp SDK for FS2004 for starters, it's full of goodies.
I also have a picture of most place-able FS2004 default objects with the matching numbers.

...& if that all goes south & ends up nowhere, how detailed are the hangars? I may be able to build a few if it's not too fancy.

Let me get a few tutes linked up & you can look at it all.

harkgoddammit

Post by harkgoddammit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Well here's the BGLcomp SDK available online to rerad, I didn't know that was out there for anything but download. Well, you have to download the SDK anyway to get the compiler tool, etc, but you can read up here. http://www.scrigroup.com/limba/engleza/ ... oc56819228
You'll need to carefully close the annoying pop-up window, but it looks harmless.

Don't let it scare you - you use one default short .XML code file and just add in your coordinates & height, heading, etc, & can then easily compile and have all the little .BGL's of hangars you want.

EDIT: Was just re-reading some of the SDK topics - you can place anything with XML. to .BGL, it can easily get out of hand. :wink: