Object collission

Share your experience, or get help from the experienced ones.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel, skipperdan

capnmullah
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Object collission

Post by capnmullah » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi everybody. Only 4 years or so behind everybody else, I have finally upgraded to fs2004. By and large it works fine but I have a problem with a scenery for Wellington Intl (NZ)that I downloaded recently. The files were nzwn_04v1 and wgtncity2 from avsim . As far as I know I installed the files correctly, but every time I try to start a flight from a terminal gate I get the following error appearing.

"You are starting in a location in which your aircraft will collide with another object. Choose a different starting location".

I have tried looking in the Afcad file for any obvious errors or misplacements but I don't really know enough about this sort of thing to change things too drastically for fear of totally botching things up. Sadly I couldn't see anything and any changes didn't make any difference.

Would anyone have any ideas or have experienced similar problems?

Thanking you in anticipation.

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:47 pm

Capnmullah,

If you load the flight, does the aircraft actually collide with anything? If so, what object(s)?? Does it happen at every airport/gate you select or just one? Can you supply a couple screenshots? A top down view might be helpful.

Also suggest you contact the author of the scenery.

Good luck,

Jeag-
Bruce aka Jaeg-

Project Developer:
- Around The World Search / Madeleine McCann

mel wilson
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by mel wilson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:54 pm

I have downloaded both files..... Not Installed, I cannot see anything there that would give you this error, I can only assume you have crash detect On, and this is a normal warning, try turning crash detect Off, and then see what you get.

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

capnmullah
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by capnmullah » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Thank you both for your swift replies. In answer to your question, jaeger52, yes it does seem to happen at every gate at the terminal building though (obviously) not if you park at one of the ga spots and yes, I have experienced 'building crashes' if you reload a flight after having parked it at where the gate/jetway appears to be, not just at this airport, I might add. It is difficult to get a screenshot as the flight I am trying to create will not load but if it happens after I reload a flight I will post one.

Mel, I have turned off the crash detection doodahs plus the crash severity slider, but still no joy, I'm afraid.

jaeger52
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by jaeger52 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:01 pm

The very second the flight loads onscreen, can you PAUSE the flight and then SLEW a bit further away from the object that you're crashing into?

Save the flight as DEFAULT and see what happens?

Jaeg-

capnmullah
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by capnmullah » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:21 pm

Thanks for sticking with me. The problem appears to be that the flight just won't load up at all. Once you have gone through all the process of creating your flight details and it starts loading the sceneries etc, it will stop with the above error and refuse to go any further resulting in abandoning the flight. I have just reflown the journey into NZWN and parked up and saved it, then tried to re-enter the flight to do the return journey but the error still comes up. The added bonus is that the GPS engine refuses to load now as well for this airport. Methinks something has got corrupted somewhere! It's a shame as it is not a bad scenery really. I can load other flights from different airfields though so all is not lost. I am considering a re-install as I may have messed a few things up adding new sceneries and utlities after up-grading as FS9 is a little bit different to FS2K.

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Ok, Go into your scenery library, uncheck all scenery that relates to this addon, close down FS9, restart, and then tell me what happens

DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING AT THIS STAGE !

Mel.

njbb1995
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by njbb1995 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:27 am

I assume this is built by Ian Warren? If it is His airports have Crash detection 'issues'. I am pretty sure there is no fix. :(

Cheers
Nick

capnmullah
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by capnmullah » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Sorry I haven't been back to you sooner. I did as Mel suggested and removed all the scenery relating to NZWN including the af2 file.The default airport loaded up OK. I then reloaded the addons and got the same results so I guess njbb1995 is right and there are issues with Ian Warrens scenery. A shame that. Can he recommend anything to replace it with? I think I will give up on this as it does take a bit of time to try and diagnose things when time is a bit short at the moment and I'd rather be flying than scenering if you see what I mean, but if anyone does have an idea, I'd be most grateful for the tip. Many thanks to all who replied.

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Glad to have been of help, may I suggest you email him, and put to him the failings you have found, that is. if you have an address for him

Mel.

njbb1995
Junior SurClaro Member
Junior SurClaro Member

Post by njbb1995 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:32 am

You can email him Here
http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders Corrected by RD :wink: Run down the list of who you want to connect with.

Cat1

Post by Cat1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:48 am

njbb, your direct link does not work properly.
This gives an error because you are a member of this board and you have linked inside it.
Please edit it, and give the board home page, then instructions about how to get there.
Thanks,
Cat1 :wink:
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/