Maryland State Trooper Dauphin Request.

Either if your are new to the art of creating aircraft liveries, or you have experience, enter here to talk all about repainting.

Moderators: rd, mel wilson, gbesoain, Cat1, ricktobin, groundsquirrel

Kenisu_Ichojari
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Maryland State Trooper Dauphin Request.

Post by Kenisu_Ichojari » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Greetings and salutations to all the talented painters out there. This is my first post, and after reading the guidelines on how to post, I'm going to do my best to make this as smooth a sailing experience as possible and avoid the turbulence. :)

I recently obtained a copy of FS2002 (finally!) and have been downloading the occasional model here or there with fixed wing aircraft. Though they're fun, I dwell more on the helo side of things. Hence where my request comes in.

I would like to have a repaint made for a model provided by Antti Pankkonen on his model of the AS365N3 Dauphins. Specifically, I'm looking to paint them in the livery of the Maryland State Police Aviation Command colours.

Though I can find very few pictures of them through the Maryland State Police Aviation site ( http://www.mspaviation.org/frames.asp ), I would like to personally up the ante. As a practising Emergency Medical Technician in the state of Maryland, I frequently do patient fly-outs with these aircraft and personally know the crews themselves. I would be willing to go down to the hangar and take a few snapshots of the craft while it's on the ground, if it could help and if the crews aren't busy! :)

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds, and my advanced apology for not just doing it myself. I rarely get time between my own calls on the ambulance to play too long on FS, anyhow. :lol:

-With Regards,
Lieutenant Keni

rd
Forum Moderator - Master member

Post by rd » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Hello Lt. Keni,

You got 3 things going for you right now. 1) I was born in Baltimore, and lived in the Dundalk area. 2) I'm a mechanic/spec builder for my city's fire and rescue vehicles. 3) I do repaints. 8)

Give me a couple days to go over your link pics, and go over the model you want painted.

I know you wanted it yesterday, but I'll more than likely start on it this weekend after I get everything I need. The link has some very good shots of it, and included one here.

Attachments
n82md6.jpg
RD

"shhh.... I'm going undercover. "

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 am

Hey Lt. Keni,

Looks like all your birthdays came at once....... Welcome to SurClaro.

Mel.
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

Kenisu_Ichojari
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Kenisu_Ichojari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 am

rd, you the man! Or woman, whichever lies behind Internet anoniminity. :)

And there's no rush at all. I daren't rush anyone to do anything that they're doing gratis for me. I'll just sit patiently and smile as I find that someone not only knows the exact chopper I'm speaking of, but works on the vehicles that get me to and from scenes safely.

Kudos, rd!

And mel, it does indeed! Thanks for the cheery welcome. :)

Cat1

Post by Cat1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:21 pm

I think I have seen that paint somewhere or something real similar...

Have you taken a look at... someone help me out here... Helo site, all kinds of helo related stuff... I can't remember the name of it.
If you want to learn how to fly IFR and land with ILS or have any questions about IFR/ILS. Click this link and the information is there: http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/avia ... _handbook/

mel wilson

Post by mel wilson » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Cat1 wrote:I think I have seen that paint somewhere or something real similar...

Have you taken a look at... someone help me out here... Helo site, all kinds of helo related stuff... I can't remember the name of it.
I know the one your talking about Clay, but for the life of me, I cant remember the name ....... *beep*, another sleepless night 8O

Mel.

UPDATE: Was it this one ? http://www.hovercontrol.com/
http://www.mid-suffolk-radio-modellers.com/index.html

Kenisu_Ichojari
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Post by Kenisu_Ichojari » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:55 am

I looked around for a bit, but this was the only non-pay site I really gravitated toward. I admit, though, that I nearly gave up on it due to the fact that I had to fight the registration's 'prove-you're-not-a-bot' procedure.

But if it exists and someone can point me to it, by all means.

And if there's another Dauphin model out there with sounds, I'd appreciate it. It was odd flying it with soundless engines.

harkonnen
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post by harkonnen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 pm

You should be able to drop the sound folder from another chopper into the Dauphin's main folder. Just choose a sound file you like, or that seems to suit your soundless one.
Last edited by harkonnen on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

rd

Post by rd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Yep, HoverControl.com is it. Took me to get to page 24 to find the one the OP wanted painted.

I did a test flight of it, and it wasn't too bad. Not sure if it was a problem flying a 2002 helo in 2004, but the only animation was the door steps dropping down. Also noticed that there wasn't any sound. Fixed that problem already. I did dig the really cool panel and gauges setup. Very cool and nicely done.

I'll look for a couple paints that might be alittle easier to make a paint kit out of. Haven't looked at the texture layout yet, but could be one of harder ones to paint.

RD
RD

rd

Post by rd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Finally done making a paint kit for it.

Now to find the time to get it painted and set up. This may take a week or two to do. I'll post updates when I can.

Attachments
PK..jpg
RD